Mr Ricochet

Clark Cup Final

Mr Ricochet    3
Mr Ricochet

USHL Site Preview

Schedule

Game 1: Friday, 5/12/17 at 7:05 pm at Tyson Events Center

Game 2: Saturday, 5/13/17 at 7:05 pm at Tyson Events Center

Game 3: Friday, 5/19/17 at 7:05 pm at Fox Valley Ice Arena (HD)

Game 4 (if necessary): Saturday, 5/20/17 at 7:05 pm at Fox Valley Ice Arena (HD)

Game 5 (if necessary): Tuesday, 5/23/17 at 7:05 pm at Tyson Events Center

HansTaughtUsToFly    0
HansTaughtUsToFly

Sioux City in 5.

Edited by HansTaughtUsToFly

Saints Fan 22    0
Saints Fan 22

Two best teams in the league, just the way it should be. Chicago in 5.

Maiden    2
Maiden

Didn't the 2 best teams just play in the western final?

Saints Fan 22    0
Saints Fan 22

Points wise yes....but from what I saw out of Chicago, and what I saw out of Waterloo, I would say Chicago is a better team.

Mr Ricochet    3
Mr Ricochet

Didn't the 2 best teams just play in the western final?

PMed a couple people and said Game 5 of the Western Conference Finals just might be for the Clark Cup. Making that argument is not without reason but coming from you it's pure homer IMO. ... But hey Maiden, why change horses in the middle of the street?

Couple things I'm sure of.

1, this will be a no bells series. Noticed no bells at SC and I know, for now :eeek:, no bells in the City of Big Shoulders.

2, SC IMO has the talent to overwhelm if they play their game often enough but so do the Washington Caps. Tarek Baker is their 4C and their goalie is a 96 with a .950% SPG. No need to go into anymore detail trying to point out their talent.

Other than that as far as I know SC is healthy although Dman Wilson took a funky spill with his leg twisted under him in Game 5. Hopefully the kid is ok. ...... Couldn't say that about Loo with +29 Dman Ryczek out and Bowers obviously not right when he could suit up but they pushed em to 5.

Just so hard, and forgive me for acting like a dog on a bone, to really get the SC overall game with that damn SD feed (man I can't even read a number on a jersey!!!). No detail or nuance but when I see em on the road in a HD feed what surprises me from this uber skilled group is their physicality and ability in their own zone. No super skilled one trick pony are the Musketeers. From my novice eye this group plays the game the right way despite their skill, same as the Steel do.

Far as I know, and I don't ask anyone, the Steel are still without 2 of their starting Dmen in Aamodt and Regula but the forwards are healthy. If I'm right SC advantage before puck drop as the Steel will run with 5 Dmen for the 3rd series in a row.

I need to see SC Journal's Jerry Giese's write up tomorrow for a feel of the thing. Great writer who not only knows the Musketeers but the league as well. One more free read for me and I saved it up for Giese's look at the series before Game 1.

Would love a Steel win but give the fans a Game 5 and how the hell can you complain as the two #1 seeds collide?

Yeti    0
Yeti

SC and Chicago were definitely the two best teams I saw in person this past season. Glad to see they'll butt heads to see who takes home the Clark.

I'm going to go with Jack Badini and the Steel in 5 games. But I won't be shocked at all if SC wins in 4.

herbst20    0
herbst20

USHL continues to investigate eligibility of Chicago Steel G Ales Stezka (MIN) for Clark Cup Final. Expect statement from league at 5 pm CT. Per Jeff Cox

What could they be investigating now? Curious timing

herbst20    0
herbst20

Apparently he signed a KHL deal 2 days ago which would render him ineligible. Rasmussan is hurt. Uh Oh Steel

Yeti    0
Yeti

Apparently he signed a KHL deal 2 days ago which would render him ineligible. Rasmussan is hurt. Uh Oh Steel

Yikes. Terrible timing.

Mr Ricochet    3
Mr Ricochet

:eeek: :eeek: :giveup: :giveup: :smash: :smash: :blink: :blink:

Next man up, Matt Ladd: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=296564 Carlson liked him in the 4th round in 2015 and Colorado College signed him. Now this is a story!!

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? No, and it ain't over now.

herbst20    0
herbst20

Having trouble linking the tweet but both Chicago and USHL has issued a statement. Basically says Stezka did not sign the contract but Steel are holding him out tonight anyway....... if he did nothing wrong, why hold him out?

rustictimber06    0
rustictimber06

Next man up, Matt Ladd: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=296564 Carlson liked him in the 4th round in 2015 and Colorado College signed him. Now this is a story!!

Might make for a Interesting Story.....Go Steel

Yeti    0
Yeti

You think those player agents got an earful from the Chicago HC and GM?

Mr Ricochet    3
Mr Ricochet

A social media report surfaced (fake news)? Putin and Varady ain't buds are they? :deadhorse: :deadhorse:

Mr Ricochet    3
Mr Ricochet

You think those player agents got an earful from the Chicago HC and GM?

An ear full of a goalie stick I hope..........

Mr Ricochet    3
Mr Ricochet

Might make for a Interesting Story.....Go Steel

Couple pucks hit the kid, you track a puck and position yourself through a screen and the damn thing hits you next thing you know you're thinking I belong!

Ask any kid who was playing Squirts and the Pee Wee goalie didn't show up so you play, or the Bantam goalie doesn't show up and the Pee Wee goalie plays and if you're lucky enough to make a couple saves, find some rythem you start feeling it. Very few goalies haven't gone through this before. ........Scary as hell cuz that puck moves a lot faster and will hurt you but at this level no such worries.

Mr Ricochet    3
Mr Ricochet

Gone unnoticed is Kachyna being out. With the two D starters out IMO he played his very best game as a Steel vs DBQ in Game 2. Kid can't stay out of the box but the 4-5 shifts he's taken per game have been ok, plus he knocks people down.

That means 2000 Xan Gurney dresses as the 6th Dman if the two injured Dmen aren't back. he shows 1 game but I know he has at least 2 USHL games. http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=283960

rustictimber06    0
rustictimber06

Last Week in Dubuque ,I swear Chicago had a play by player guy ,Does the Steel have a Live Feed

iowaninja    1
iowaninja

Looks like Iowa Wild U16 goalie Trent Burnham will be in uniform for the Steel tonight as well

Mr Ricochet    3
Mr Ricochet