Sign in to follow this  
desmoinesduster

2017 Tryout Camps

herbst20

https://twitter.com/WillistonHockey/status/874327853076275200

Looks like Brendan White will be on Dubuque's 30 man

I think you mean there 23 man final roster. That's how I read that tweet.

That is how I read the tweet but I also have checked the past few preseasons with Dubuque. They always bring more than 23 in to fall camp (as to most teams) and cut down from there. Just because you "Made the list" out of tryout camp doesnt mean you are on the 23 man roster.

Even with a new coach I cant see Coach David diverting from the norm that much

Mr Ricochet

Elite Prospects don't show Fagemo being drafted by anyone other than DBQ. Have they missed something, Hangin?

He is a 2000, likely to go this year.

Most people have Fagemo ranked right behind Svechnikov.

http://www.dubnetwork.ca/draft-geek/10-possible-chl-import-draft-picks/

Wow. If he's in the same sentence with Svechnikov he's a player. EP has him eligible for this year's NHL draft........... http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=288459

The link, Dubnetwork is a nice site. Thanks for the link, CBTS..........

Mr Ricochet

Went to most of Lincon's camp last week. For the first time that I can remember, rosters were not available to the public. College/junior scouts and coaches had them. I was able to get those rosters based on my prior relationship with the team, but I am unable to share them.

I try not to get too sad/excited about camps based on my experience in the past, but I think Lincoln will be a pretty good team this next season. Returning netminder Josef Korenar will be the #1 goaltender for sure. Stars still need to find a backup. I really wasn't impressed with any of the goaltenders they had at camp. They had a couple of NAHL guys that looked OK at times. They had a big '01 from the east coast who looked really good at times, other times not so much.

I mentioned this on my Twitter account, but I had some concerns about Lincoln's top end forward depth coming into camp. But I'm not so worried now that I've seen what the top 6 could look like. Paul Cotter is going to be Lincoln's top scoring forward, without a doubt. He had people gushing over his play. Really can't wait to see what he does next season. He could really be something special.

5 defensemen return from last season, so they'll need to fill 3 holes on the blueline. Had a good group of d-men (both draft picks and free agents) at camp, so they're strong there also.

Very sorry to read the Stars didn't give their fans rosters. I'm sure they have their reasons but it just doesn't sit well............ Thanks for camp recap, well as much as you're "allowed" to share without angering management.

CalmbeforetheStorm

Elite Prospects don't show Fagemo being drafted by anyone other than DBQ. Have they missed something, Hangin?

He is a 2000, likely to go this year.

Most people have Fagemo ranked right behind Svechnikov.

http://www.dubnetwork.ca/draft-geek/10-possible-chl-import-draft-picks/

Wow. If he's in the same sentence with Svechnikov he's a player. EP has him eligible for this year's NHL draft........... http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=288459

The link, Dubnetwork is a nice site. Thanks for the link, CBTS..........

I doubt you will see either one in the USHL next year.

herbst20

Sioux City takes the cake with the best name of USHL tryout camps.......Phoenix Pickler

Mr Ricochet

Sioux City takes the cake with the best name of USHL tryout camps.......Phoenix Pickler

Not following, Herby...........

herbst20

Nothing to follow.......just a name I liked

Mr Ricochet

Oh, a player name! I was for some reason thinking they named their camp? :eeek: ........Believe me when I tell you it ain't easy being dumb. .. Yea, that's a beauty. I kinda like a kid from the BCHL at Steel camp, Maxwell Newton. Sounds like a Harvard commit with a 150 IQ. He's 97 who put up a point a game last year and has 150+ BCHL games. Gotta go thru it as I'm not sure of the overage situation in CHI but this kid looks like a possibility to make the 23 man. Smallish slick centerman who has 14 eyes all over his head.

redwing77

Oh, a player name! I was for some reason thinking they named their camp? :eeek: ........Believe me when I tell you it ain't easy being dumb. .. Yea, that's a beauty. I kinda like a kid from the BCHL at Steel camp, Maxwell Newton. Sounds like a Harvard commit with a 150 IQ. He's 97 who put up a point a game last year and has 150+ BCHL games. Gotta go thru it as I'm not sure of the overage situation in CHI but this kid looks like a possibility to make the 23 man. Smallish slick centerman who has 14 eyes all over his head.

I agree, Rico. I think he should walk around in a smoking jacket carrying a pipe. :D

My favorite name I saw was out of the CHL a few years back: Wacey Rabbit. Awesome.

BackCheck

Am I the only one who hopes this kid makes it the the NHL and plays on a team with Marc-Edouard Vlasic?

DM47

Am I the only one who hopes this kid makes it the the NHL and plays on a team with Marc-Edouard Vlasic?

Reminds me of 13/14 when the Force had Jeremy Butterworth and Christian Cakebread, just needed another to fill out the line.