Sign in to follow this  
Yeti

2017 USHL Phase II (Entry) Draft

Yeti

Weird. Last night the draft link showed that Lincoln had a first round pick....but no picks in rounds 2-5. This morning shows that they no picks in rounds 1-5. Says the first round pick is going to Chicago. Wonder if that's a trade I haven't heard about.

iowaninja

Picks, players and future considerations are flying around this AM

Yeti

This draft moves slower, and slower each year. Painful to follow.

Hey Hey Whatdya Say

The league has had a couple of issues early this morning, needing some time to make sure guys are eligibile to be drafted

hackshow22

I cannot believe Carson Dimoff was not on Madison's protected list after they picked him in 2015...amazing...

Hey Hey Whatdya Say

Had anybody heard anything about Tomek leaving UND?

iowaninja

How would they not be eligible? So long as they are not protected by another USHL team?

Hey Hey Whatdya Say

You would think that would be the case but multiple times the draft was held up bc teams wanted to draft a guy that was eligible and the system said the guy that should have been fine wasn't eligible.

casemagnum

What about the protected players that a team keeps from this year? In the past there was a protected list and then from there teams picked to reach a magic number that I can't remember, like 35 or something? Has anyone seen a protected list?

Hey Hey Whatdya Say

For some reason my computer is letting me quote....

The list is the guys that you elected to keep from your affiliate list plus your Phase I picks plus your Phase II picks and once you reach 45 then you're done. I have not seen anyone have to make that public and unless one of your affiliates has either been traded is going to college or you've decided to part ways with then most teams should have the full amount. However you don't have to protect returners at this point.

Saints Fan 22

Well, appears the Saints are taking advantage of the additional imports, several import players taken in first 7 rounds, who knows how many of them every make it to Dubuque, but its worked pretty ok in the past.

desmoinesduster

Had anybody heard anything about Tomek leaving UND?

http://www.broadstreethockey.com/2017/5/2/15515994/matej-tomek-flyers-prospect-goalie-north-dakota-2017-ushl-draft

Tomek has potential, but he’s just not playing with his current team. So it makes sense that he would look to leave UND, and on Tuesday morning the first step in that process took place when Tomek was taken by Waterloo in Phase II of the 2017 USHL Draft.

Looks like he played just 2 games in the past 2 years... posting a 7.46 GAA and .692% for UND

TheShow

America's Team does it again. Their ability to get all kinds of high profile talent every year is crazy.

DM47

There had been some scuttle about Tomek potentially leaving with Johnson returning another year and he has not been playing. This likely will accelerate them bringing in Scheel or Thome. maybe both.

casemagnum

SC picks 23 players so it appears then they have 22 holdovers from futures and current team

turk181

America's Team does it again. Their ability to get all kinds of high profile talent every year is crazy.

Four players will not be returning to the Plymouth-based organization for the second season of their two-year training program – Michigan natives Blade Jenkins and Will MacKinnon, along with goaltenders Ryan Ullan and Keegan Karki. http://mihockeynow.com/2017/05/roster-changes-coming-for-next-years-ntdp-under-18-team/

turk181

SC picks 23 players so it appears then they have 22 holdovers from futures and current team

Just read that SC pick, Niko Esposito-Selivanov is Phil’s Grandson.

hackshow22

Wow that was a ugly phase 2 draft

My thoughts exactly. Throw it against the wall and see what sticks...wow...

hackshow22

Four players will not be returning to the Plymouth-based organization for the second season of their two-year training program – Michigan natives Blade Jenkins and Will MacKinnon, along with goaltenders Ryan Ullan and Keegan Karki. http://mihockeynow.com/2017/05/roster-changes-coming-for-next-years-ntdp-under-18-team/

That is the other "America's Team", not THE America's Team.

BackCheck

That is the other "America's Team", not THE America's Team.

I had heard about the goaltenders. The same person also indicated several players were heading out and from what I inferred there may be at least one more than the two that were mentioned.

Edited by BackCheck

minor life

The draft never stops amazing me. Kids not drafted who should be and kids drafted who don't have a chance. Just amazing. When I see a player I know really well who might end up being a third line NAHL player some day, taken in this draft, but a kid already talking to D-1 programs not drafted, I have to scratch my head.

i-pod

Muskegon took Dylan st.cry but isn't he going to notre dame in the fall?

Mr Ricochet

Tri City with 8 picks in the first 4 rounds. Muckult did this a few years ago and won the cup the next year. ...... Will be great for the fan listening to Fine call a HD feed and a Muckult creation.