#22 herbst20

Cup Winning Goalie

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,642 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 09:54 AM

Steel in 4

Thank you......

Is your rotar cuff OK? Just worried you may have tore it patting yourself on the back!! 😂😂😂😂

#23 smalt21

1st Line Center

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 09:57 AM

Steel in 4

Thank you......

Is your rotar cuff OK? Just worried you may have tore it patting yourself on the back!!

Herby,  I'm looking for any small victories here, especially after my Blue Note were eliminated yesterday in what has become commonplace with them.

#24 smalt21

1st Line Center

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 09:59 AM

smalt21

Posted 27 April 2017 - 12:25 PM

Loo in 5

I also said Loo in 5, so go ahead and "Book It".

Edited by smalt21, 08 May 2017 - 10:00 AM.

#25 Mr Ricochet

Cup Winning Goalie

• Admin
  • 36,666 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 04:53 PM

Steel in 4

Thank you......

Gotta admit it was tough for me to gauge the Steel to start these playoffs.  They start the season on a 10 game win streak, and I know this isn't true but it seemed they were on cruise control since.  No real big must win games in the regular season unless they themselves felt it was.   Just kinda hang on for months to win the East in the regular season.

Then you have a YT club that backs into the playoffs and takes em to a Game 5. 

Then you have a solid DBQ club that jumps out to 3-1 leads in two of the games before losing them and the series. ...... IMO a series between YT and DBQ would be a coin flip.   Was very impressed with Ytown.

I do think after 5 games with YT and 4 with DBQ they are now lathered up and ready to go knowing the games are all big starting with Game 1 with YT, but again they were never pushed in the regular season.

Anyway I didn't post but had to take the Steel, in 5, even though I thought the difference between the two was close.   And IMO SC is the only team in the league that can simply impose their will do to overwhelming talent and goaltending and win ANY game, I still thought Loo in 5.  Why?   Love their defense, a nice mix of skill and size, and liked Beydoun right off the bat and that he's a 96.  Of course WTL playing in PK's Fun House is always an advantage but like every team they don't draw like they do in the regular season but the big ice doesn't care how many bell toters are in the joint, so it's still a Hawk advantage. 

Crush Em Steel
Blackhawks Rock
RIP Huckleberry. 1995-2009.... Thanks for 14 unforgettable years Huck. You will forever be loved and missed.

#26 Bevalaqua

Checking Forward

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 06:21 AM

Just saw a story with a photo of Steel owner, Larry Robbins, sporting a Steel jersey at a big conference/fund raiser on Wall Street

http://www.valuewalk...y-robbins-sohn/

lARRY-ROBBINS.png

#27 Mr Ricochet

Cup Winning Goalie

• Admin
  • 36,666 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 05:07 PM

Thanks Bev............ He picked a cool Steel jersey to show the fellas one of his hobbies. 

Crush Em Steel
Blackhawks Rock
RIP Huckleberry. 1995-2009.... Thanks for 14 unforgettable years Huck. You will forever be loved and missed.

Reply to this topic

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users