If I had to guess:

Ruzicka - maybe, could go either way

Demler - gone

Brickey - back

Berger - probably gone

Ellingson - probably back

Parrottino - back

Ferraro - gone

Roth - likely gone (would be an overager)

Lebster - back

Keefer - gone*

Rutherford - could go either way

Napravnik - likely back

Belisle - could go either way

Ugbekile - back

Rounds - likely gone

Leitner - likely back

Johnson - back

Otto - could go either way (would be an overager)

Parsells - likely gone (would be an overager)

Orchard - gone

-Jones, MacNab and Hudie age out

-I expect all the affiliates to be on the team with the fall or remain affiliates (unless obviously they have a bad camp) with the one exception is Carreau might already be ready for college

* - I expect Keefer to be gone but obviously now that he's committed to a school that just got a new coach that throws in a wrinkle

With the good core of returners, the affiliates that we saw at the end of the season like Halonen, Lugli, Costello, and Baird they'll also have guys like Luke Robinson, Christian Stoever and Jake Kucharski competing for spots. I'd say they're looking better than they have in a while, for sure the best since before Allison came on board.

smalt21

Best Guess

F Isaac Johnson

F Reed Lebster

F Eric Otto (Overage)

F Chase Ellingson (Overage)

F Braden Costello (Affiliate)

D Scooter Brickey

D Colin Ugbekile

D Nick Leitner

Edited by smalt21

MadhouseOnHickman

If I had to guess:

Ruzicka - maybe, could go either way

Demler - gone

Brickey - back

Berger - probably gone

Ellingson - probably back

Parrottino - back

Ferraro - gone

Roth - likely gone (would be an overager)

Lebster - back

Keefer - gone*

Rutherford - could go either way

Napravnik - likely back

Belisle - could go either way

Ugbekile - back

Rounds - likely gone

Leitner - likely back

Johnson - back

Otto - could go either way (would be an overager)

Parsells - likely gone (would be an overager)

Orchard - gone

-Jones, MacNab and Hudie age out

-I expect all the affiliates to be on the team with the fall or remain affiliates (unless obviously they have a bad camp) with the one exception is Carreau might already be ready for college

* - I expect Keefer to be gone but obviously now that he's committed to a school that just got a new coach that throws in a wrinkle

With the good core of returners, the affiliates that we saw at the end of the season like Halonen, Lugli, Costello, and Baird they'll also have guys like Luke Robinson, Christian Stoever and Jake Kucharski competing for spots. I'd say they're looking better than they have in a while, for sure the best since before Allison came on board.

Ruzicka is gone

desmoinesduster

Totally agree, especially if we see good leaders. The only thing I would be worried about going forward would be goaltending.

MadhouseOnHickman

Totally agree, especially if we see good leaders. The only thing I would be worried about going forward would be goaltending.

One would have to assume Parsells will be returning after decommitting from Wisconsin.

MadhouseOnHickman

There's a possibility Johnson skips out on school and heads to major juniors.... keep that in mind

Hey Hey Whatdya Say

There are guys (like Parsells) that aren't committed to a school but could always latch on before the fall.

I assumed at the beginning of the year Ruzicka was definitely gone after this season but as the season went on I started to get the impression there was still a chance he'd be back.

herbst20

Aren't they trying to do away with foreign goalies?

They are making it more costly for teams. A goalie will take up 2 import slots but that doesn't start until the 18-19 season

MadhouseOnHickman

Ruzicka told a bunch of fans that he is heading home and will not be returning next season and will play professionally

MadhouseOnHickman

Des Moines should be a solid team next season imo

MadhouseOnHickman

Scooter should return, that's why we went after him and he's a 99.....

Hey Hey Whatdya Say

Ruzicka may very well be gone, I'm not claiming he is going to be back, but there have been plenty of times over the years where players thought they wouldn't be back (usually to go to college) and they were. Heck, when Ruzicka left last season it seemed as if he thought he was gone for good.

As for Brickey I'm surprised to hear that WMU already had to tell him to wait, he's 17 and a senior in high school. I'm surprised they would have originally told him he would be at Kalamazoo this season and also surprised they'd tell him he's in next year, they've got a good team and I'd think could have him wait.

desmoinesduster

Scooter Brickey should be going to WMU, if they don't tell him to wait another year, again.

I read over the past few replies and noticed it was supposed to be Parsells and Wisconsin.

MadhouseOnHickman

Realistically here's what I'm thinking....

*birth year

Forwards

Costello 00*

Halonen 99*

Ellingson 97*

Lebster 99*

Otto 97*

Belisle 98*

Defense

Brickey 99*

Ugbekile 99*

Leitner 98*

Parsells 97*

Baird 99*

Robinson 00*

I left goalies off here because it really depends on the upcoming phase 2 draft. Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday!

Edited by MadhouseOnHickman

Hey Hey Whatdya Say

*birth year

Forwards

Costello 00*

Halonen 99*

Ellingson 97*

Lebster 99*

Otto 97*

Belisle 98*

Defense

Brickey 99*

Ugbekile 99*

Leitner 98*

Parsells 97*

Baird 99*

Robinson 00*

I left goalies off here because it really depends on the upcoming phase 2 draft. Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday!

Add Parrottino and Napravnik and subtract Parsells and that should be pretty darn close. And if you're including affiliates I'd throw in Lugli in there as well. Don't know enough about the other affiliates to say if they make it or not.

MadhouseOnHickman

*birth year

Forwards

Costello 00*

Halonen 99*

Ellingson 97*

Lebster 99*

Otto 97*

Belisle 98*

Defense

Brickey 99*

Ugbekile 99*

Leitner 98*

Parsells 97*

Baird 99*

Robinson 00*

Add Parrottino and Napravnik and subtract Parsells and that should be pretty darn close. And if you're including affiliates I'd throw in Lugli in there as well. Don't know enough about the other affiliates to say if they make it or not.

It's just hard to figure this master puzzle out in April. I'm honest so very excited for the draft. I would assume Des Moines has its eyes on netminder in phase 2

smalt21

The Nanaimo Clippers are very pleased to announce the acquisition of Brad Belisle.

herbst20

Tri-City(WHL) announced the signing of Des Moines(USHL)Anoka HS alum and '99 F Isaac Johnson today.

Mr Ricochet

A bit old but some reading on the Bucs' outlook for next season. Bucs Site/Erick Zamora Link