• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#41 iowaninja

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 04:44 PM

Jake Barczewski should start for the Storm this season. I've sat behind Feeney enough to see his game and he's a .500 player at best, in my opinion, he went 14-10 last season and bounced around 4 teams in two leagues. 

Feeney played 11 minutes in Tri-city this season, hardly enough to to understand his game. He did get lit up that game, he also took Sioux City to OT on their ice behind a horrible CR team.

#42 Off-Ice TC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Anything Hockey

Posted 21 June 2017 - 04:46 PM

Jake Barczewski should start for the Storm this season. I've sat behind Feeney enough to see his game and he's a .500 player at best, in my opinion, he went 14-10 last season and bounced around 4 teams in two leagues. 

Welcome!!................ Barczewski has a more than solid resume to think he'll step in and do well at this level.  I'm looking forward to watching that on the first rate TC feed. 

What are your thoughts on Filip Larsson? I don't watch too much Overseas action.

#43 Off-Ice TC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Anything Hockey

Posted 21 June 2017 - 04:48 PM

Feeney played 11 minutes in Tri-city this season, hardly enough to to understand his game. He did get lit up that game, he also took Sioux City to OT on their ice behind a horrible CR team.

I'll definitely give him that one, he is a contender. do you think he can earn the start over Filip Larsson or Barczewski?

#44 smalt21

Points Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 05:46 PM

Watched Barczewski play 3 years in the STL and not once thought he was destined for the USHL. (He was a 99 playing up in both mm and MM)

His play with Janesville was quite a shock, but the kid had a great year and earned a shot, so we shall see.

Edited by smalt21, 22 June 2017 - 03:15 PM.

#45 Mr Ricochet

Cup Winning Goalie

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,289 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 07:19 PM

Watched Barczewski play 3 years in the STL and not once thought he was destined for the USHL. (He was a 99 playing up in both mm and MM)

His play with Janesville was quite a shock, but the kid had a great year as earned a shot, so we shall see.

Interesting, Smalt.....  He outplayed Steel's Schaedig (98 14th overall in  the 2017 Phase II) last year at Janesville.  Got more starts and had better numbers.  I'm not gonna question the champs' scouting or evaluation but instead think TC did well to get Barcewski in the 3rd round.

Crush Em Steel
Blackhawks Rock
RIP Huckleberry. 1995-2009.... Thanks for 14 unforgettable years Huck. You will forever be loved and missed.

#46 Mr Ricochet

Cup Winning Goalie

• Admin
  • 37,289 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 07:25 PM

I'll definitely give him that one, he is a contender. do you think he can earn the start over Filip Larsson or Barczewski?

Oh, I don't see these overseas guys unless it's an international tournament usually.   Any word if the Larsson kid plans on coming over to play for TC?  Seems like a nice fit as he gets acclimated to the USA and the following year goes to the NCAA or AHL.  This big kid has great numbers in the top junior league in Sveeeeeden, has international experience and drafted by Detroit.  Add he'll be 19 when the season starts.  On paper he looks fantastic.  http://www.elitepros...p?player=264409

Crush Em Steel
Blackhawks Rock
RIP Huckleberry. 1995-2009.... Thanks for 14 unforgettable years Huck. You will forever be loved and missed.

#47 LengthySusp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 12:03 PM

Wasn't able to make it to Main Camp but how did the newly drafted guys look (ie Almquist, Maloney, Ward, Larsson)? Were they all in attendance?

Will be some key pieces 

#48 Mr Ricochet

Cup Winning Goalie

• Admin
  • 37,289 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 12:36 PM

Wasn't able to make it to Main Camp but how did the newly drafted guys look (ie Almquist, Maloney, Ward, Larsson)? Were they all in attendance?

Will be some key pieces 

Welcome to FYC.  :beers:............. Check out the AS game rosters on posts 26 and 27 in this thread. 

Crush Em Steel
Blackhawks Rock

#49 LengthySusp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 01:37 PM

Thanks! 

Good to see Maloney and Almquist in attendance... any word on Larsson and Ward?

#50 Mr Ricochet

Cup Winning Goalie

• Admin
  • 37,289 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 02:37 PM

Storm 2017 1st round, 8th overall,  Entry pick goalie 98 Filip Larsson is an invite to the Red Wings Prospect Camp:   http://www.hockeybuz...ytown/216/86175

Crush Em Steel
Blackhawks Rock

#51 Mr Ricochet

Cup Winning Goalie

• Admin
  • 37,289 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 06:52 PM

Storm 2017 1st round, 8th overall,  Entry pick goalie 98 Filip Larsson is an invite to the Red Wings Prospect Camp:   http://www.hockeybuz...ytown/216/86175

Asked the Storm on Twitter if Larsson was going to report to the Storm.  The response was very good news for the team, their fans and the league.

Steve Lowe @USHLStorm

Replying to @FYChockeytalk

Yes. Visa is done and he is coming

Larsson:   http://www.elitepros...p?player=264409

Crush Em Steel
Blackhawks Rock

#52 Mr Ricochet

Cup Winning Goalie

• Admin
  • 37,289 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 09:04 AM

Very nice, and coaches don't come cheap.  Management seems serious about this yr. 

USHL liked

The Storm has named Matt Zaba as the team's goaltending coach. Zaba spent the last 2 years at Colorado College.

Crush Em Steel
Blackhawks Rock