smalt21

Returners ------- Tri-City

Mr Ricochet

Thank you, Smalt!!! I'm excited for and to see the Storm this coming year. A Noreen led group that had two picks in each of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd rounds and three 4th round picks in the 2017 Phase II draft. ......I see they drafted the 98 goalie from the Janesville Jets that put up a .929 SPG http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=273884 and took a hot shot 6th round pick of the Red Wings 98 goalie out of Sveeeeeeeden who played in the top Swedish junior league with the 8th overall pick. http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=264409

redwing77

Storm Site/David Fine Down to four teams at Main Camp, Final two teams selected on Friday

Among those to advance are two highly-touted defensemen, Nate Clurman and Jace Foskey. The Colorado Avalanche selected Clurman in the sixth round of the 2016 USHL Entry Draft. Foskey, 17, is a returning blueliner who played in 50 games during his rookie USHL campaign, scoring three goals and 11 points.
Clurman: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=353810

Colorado has a USHL team? :giveup:

Apparently, the Avs were THAT bad. :D

Mr Ricochet

Storm Site/David Fine Down to four teams at Main Camp, Final two teams selected on Friday

Among those to advance are two highly-touted defensemen, Nate Clurman and Jace Foskey. The Colorado Avalanche selected Clurman in the sixth round of the 2016 USHL Entry Draft. Foskey, 17, is a returning blueliner who played in 50 games during his rookie USHL campaign, scoring three goals and 11 points.
Clurman: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=353810

Colorado has a USHL team? :giveup:

Apparently, the Avs were THAT bad. :D

Bad enough the kid decided to play HS hockey instead of reporting to the Avalanche!! :eeek: :eeek:

Mr Ricochet

Storm Site/David Fine Second and final AS game in the books, back to Nebraska

Team White Goaltender Jake Barczewski (13 saves) had an assist in the first half of the game and opposed Gray’s Joseph Sharib (17 saves). In the second half, White’s Harrison Feeney denied 18 pucks and Gray’s Connor Hopkins stopped 15 shots.

Barczewski was second in NAHL save percentage (.929) and third with a 1.94 goals against average for Janesville last season, amassing a 27-6-0-1 record.

Mr Ricochet

David Fine @REALDavidFine 2h2 hours ago

Storm "officially" adds Johnny McDermott. Played 2016-17 at Boston University. Had a strong camp last week with Storm. Affiliate in 2015-16.

0 replies 0 retweets 1 like

Off-Ice TC

Jake Barczewski should start for the Storm this season. I've sat behind Feeney enough to see his game and he's a .500 player at best, in my opinion, he went 14-10 last season and bounced around 4 teams in two leagues.

Off-Ice TC

Best Guess

F Wyatt Bongiovanni

F Wyllum Deveaux

F Josiah Slavin

F Nicholas Nardella

F Jonathan Bendorf

F Charlie Dovorney

D Joseph Campolieto

D Chase Pilawski

D Jace Foskey

D Ronnie Attard

D Jack Summers

Read this morning that Both Bendorf and Bongiovanni will be playing for Muskegon this upcoming season and Attard will be at Western Michigan.

Mr Ricochet

Jake Barczewski should start for the Storm this season. I've sat behind Feeney enough to see his game and he's a .500 player at best, in my opinion, he went 14-10 last season and bounced around 4 teams in two leagues.

Welcome!!................ Barczewski has a more than solid resume to think he'll step in and do well at this level. I'm looking forward to watching that on the first rate TC feed.

iowaninja

Feeney played 11 minutes in Tri-city this season, hardly enough to to understand his game. He did get lit up that game, he also took Sioux City to OT on their ice behind a horrible CR team.

Off-Ice TC

Welcome!!................ Barczewski has a more than solid resume to think he'll step in and do well at this level. I'm looking forward to watching that on the first rate TC feed.

What are your thoughts on Filip Larsson? I don't watch too much Overseas action.

Off-Ice TC

Feeney played 11 minutes in Tri-city this season, hardly enough to to understand his game. He did get lit up that game, he also took Sioux City to OT on their ice behind a horrible CR team.

I'll definitely give him that one, he is a contender. do you think he can earn the start over Filip Larsson or Barczewski?

smalt21

Watched Barczewski play 3 years in the STL and not once thought he was destined for the USHL. (He was a 99 playing up in both mm and MM)

His play with Janesville was quite a shock, but the kid had a great year and earned a shot, so we shall see.

Edited by smalt21

Mr Ricochet

Watched Barczewski play 3 years in the STL and not once thought he was destined for the USHL. (He was a 99 playing up in both mm and MM)

His play with Janesville was quite a shock, but the kid had a great year as earned a shot, so we shall see.

Interesting, Smalt..... He outplayed Steel's Schaedig (98 14th overall in the 2017 Phase II) last year at Janesville. Got more starts and had better numbers. I'm not gonna question the champs' scouting or evaluation but instead think TC did well to get Barcewski in the 3rd round.

Mr Ricochet

I'll definitely give him that one, he is a contender. do you think he can earn the start over Filip Larsson or Barczewski?

Oh, I don't see these overseas guys unless it's an international tournament usually. Any word if the Larsson kid plans on coming over to play for TC? Seems like a nice fit as he gets acclimated to the USA and the following year goes to the NCAA or AHL. This big kid has great numbers in the top junior league in Sveeeeeden, has international experience and drafted by Detroit. Add he'll be 19 when the season starts. On paper he looks fantastic. http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=264409

LengthySusp

Wasn't able to make it to Main Camp but how did the newly drafted guys look (ie Almquist, Maloney, Ward, Larsson)? Were they all in attendance?

Will be some key pieces

Mr Ricochet

Wasn't able to make it to Main Camp but how did the newly drafted guys look (ie Almquist, Maloney, Ward, Larsson)? Were they all in attendance?

Will be some key pieces

Welcome to FYC. :beers:............. Check out the AS game rosters on posts 26 and 27 in this thread.

LengthySusp

Thanks!

Good to see Maloney and Almquist in attendance... any word on Larsson and Ward?