Sign in to follow this  
smalt21

Returners------Lincoln

smalt21

http://journalstar.com/sports/stars-hockey/despite-missing-playoffs-stars-continue-upward-trend/article_8ec84196-2ef2-5d74-8916-9e7d0583c82e.html

(Best Guess)

F Collin Peters

F Justin Richards

F Dom Mersch

F Chayse Primeau

F Justin Kendall

F Sammy Walker

F Hunter Johannes

F Kyle Kawamura

D Carter Long

D Eero Tervavainen

D Cole Krygier

D Christian Krygier

G Josef Korenar

Edited by smalt21

Yeti

http://journalstar.com/sports/stars-hockey/despite-missing-playoffs-stars-continue-upward-trend/article_8ec84196-2ef2-5d74-8916-9e7d0583c82e.html

(Best Guess)

F Sam Sternschein

F Justin Richards

F Dom Mersch

F Chayse Primeau

F Justin Kendall

F Sammy Walker

D Carter Long

D Eero Tervavainen

D Cole Krygier

D Christian Krygier

G Josef Korenar

G Derek Schaedig

Sternschein out, as Herby mentioned. Chayse Primeau is up in the air.

Add Hunter Johannes, Collin Peters, and Kyle Kawamura. Alex Green, Casey Dornbach, and Gustaf Westlund possibly could return.

I don't believe the Stars have the rights to Schaedig. He was an emergency call up.

Mr Ricochet

Figured I'd put this here. Stars 2017 rd 2 Phase I pick. http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=320307

Drafted into the QMJHL http://halifaxmooseheads.ca/article/qmjhl-entry-draft-prospect-profiles-18

Newhook is committed to Boston College, btw. You'd think the coaches there would push him towards the better league (USHL).

0 replies 1 retweet 0 likes
  1. Tim Sattler @TDSattler 2h2 hours ago

Tim Sattler Retweeted Halifax Mooseheads

2nd round Phase II pick of the @LincolnStars. Supposedly he'll be playing in the BCHL next season. Doubt we'll ever see him in Lincoln.

Tim Sattler added,

DBaVy3lXkAELQrL.jpg
    Halifax MooseheadsVerified account @HFXMooseheads
    Mooseheads draft pick Alex Newhook had 74 points in 33 games last season 1f525.pnghttp://bit.ly/2rOfSeP #QDraftSNB
    2 replies 1 retweet 0 likes

smalt21

The Lincoln Stars are set to host Main Camp from June 7-11 at the John Breslow Ice Hockey Center in Lincoln, Neb.

Main Camp is an invite-only camp featuring more than 190 players born between the years 1997 and 2001. Players attending include free agents, Stars’ draft picks, affiliate players and returners.

After Main Camp, the Stars will have until July 9 to submit their 30-man protected list and 18-man affiliate list. Lincoln has until Oct. 2 to submit its 23-man roster and 18-man affiliate list.

Camp rosters will be available on Tuesday, June 6. View the complete schedule.

Geographical Player Breakdown

-Countries Represented (11): United States, Canada, Finland, Great Britain, Japan, Latvia, Norway, Russia, Ukraine, Sweden, Switzerland

-States Represented (33): Alabama (1), Arkansas (4), California (4), Colorado (14), Connecticut (4), District of Columbia (1), Delaware (1), Florida (2), Georgia (1), Iowa (3), Illinois (14), Indiana (1), Kansas (1), Massachusetts (9), Maryland (2), Michigan (15), Minnesota (9), Missouri (8), Nebraska (4), New Jersey (24), Nevada (2), New York (13), North Carolina (2), Ohio (4), Oklahoma (3), Pennsylvania (2), South Carolina (1), Tennessee (2), Texas (4), Utah (2), Virginia (4), Vermont (1), Wisconsin (4)

New Players to Watch

Paul Cotter

-2017 North American Hockey League Rookie of the Year

-Western Michigan University commit

-9th Round | 145th Overall | 2016 Phase II Draft

Sammy Walker

-Projected 2017 NHL Draft pick

-University of Minnesota commit

-3rd Round | 33rd Overall | 2015 Phase I Draft

Garrett Pinoniemi

-St. Cloud State University commit

-Round 1 | 7th Overall | 2017 Phase I Draft

Austen Long

-Acquired from the Chicago Steel on June 2

-2017 Clark Cup Champion

-Played with the Omaha AAA program

Wyatt Aamodt

-Acquired from the Chicago Steel on June 2

-2017 Clark Cup Champion

-Won a gold medal with the United States at the 2016 World Junior A Challenge

-Minnesota State University, Mankato commit

Blake Hayward

-Union College commit

-Two-time participant for Team Canada at the World Junior A Challenge

-Round 6 | 89th Overall | 2017 Phase II Draft

NHL Connections

-Zach Dubinsky - Father Steve Dubinsky played 375 NHL games

-Christian, Cole Krygier - Father Todd played 543 NHL games

-Philippe Lapointe - Father Martin played 991 NHL games

-Chayse Primeau - Father Keith played 909 NHL games

-Mason Klee - Father Ken played 934 NHL games

-Trevor Peca - Father Mike played 864 NHL games

-Justin Richards - Father Todd is the assistant coach of the Tampa Bay Lightning (NHL)

Quick Notes

-Returners: Carter Long, Collin Peters, Christian Krygier, Cole Krygier, Chayse Primeau, Casey Dornbach, Justin Richards, Dominick Mersch, *Josef Korenar, *Eero Teräväinen, *Gustaf Westlund

*Will not attend camp

-Newly acquired Wyatt Aamodt (Chicago Steel) and Austen Long (Chicago Steel) will attend camp

-The Stars are set to have three players who have won a Clark Cup on the 2017-2018 roster (Collin Peters, Wyatt Aamodt, Austen Long)

-College Commits (19): Brown University (1), Canisius College (1), Colorado College (1), Lake Superior State University (1), University of Maine (1), University of Massachusetts Amherst (1), Minnesota State University, Mankato (1), University of Minnesota (1), University Minnesota Duluth (1), University of Nebraska Omaha (1), Ohio State University (1), Providence College (1), St. Cloud State University (1), Union College (1), University of Vermont (2), Western Michigan University (1), University of Wisconsin (3)

Camp Teams

Team Backes (Black)

David Backes (Boston Bruins) has 223 goals and 275 assists through 801 NHL games with the Boston Bruins and St. Louis Blues. The Minneapolis, Minn. native is a two-time United States Olympian and has represented the U.S. three times at the IIHF World Championships. In two seasons with the Stars, Backes recorded 90 points in 87 games and helped win a Clark Cup in 2003. He attended Minnesota State University following his USHL career.

Team Dzingel (Royal)

Ryan Dzingel (Ottawa Senators) made his NHL debut in 2015 and has 17 goals and 24 assists through 111 career games. The Wheaton, Ill. native played two seasons at Ohio State University, earning a spot on the 2013-2014 All-Big Ten First Team prior to starting his professional career. Dzingel posted 34 goals and 59 assists through 90 games with the Stars.

Team Bollig (White)

Brandon Bollig (Stockton Heat) became the only Stars alum to have won a Stanley Cup after he hoisted the cup with the Chicago Blackhawks in 2013. The St. Charles, Mo. native has notched 23 points and 392 penalty minutes through 241 NHL games with the Chicago Blackhawks and Calgary Flames. He spent two seasons at St. Lawrence University after a three-year career with the Stars where he posted 37 goals and 36 assists through 173 games.

Team Bartkowski (Grey)

Matt Bartkowski (Calgary Flames) has logged 235 NHL games as a defenseman for the Boston Bruins, Vancouver Canucks and Calgary Flames. The Pittsburgh, Pa. native has seven goals and 37 assists in his NHL career. He played two seasons at Ohio State University after finishing a two-year USHL career where he registered 50 points in 117 games for the Stars.

Team Hayes (Red)

Jimmy Hayes (Boston Bruins) reached an NHL milestone this season when he notched his 100th career point. The Dorchester, Ma. native has 51 points and 49 assists through 301 games with the Chicago Blackhawks, Florida Panthers and Boston Bruins. He attended and won a National Championship with Boston College. Hayes recorded 15 points through 21 games with the Stars.

Team VandeVelde (Yellow)

Chris VandeVelde (Philadelphia Flyers) has spun a four-year career at the University of North Dakota into a seven-year professional career where he has 18 goals and 30 assists through 278 NHL games with the Philadelphia Flyers and Edmonton Oilers. The Moorhead, Minn. notched 41 points through 63 games in two years with the Stars.

Team LaDue (Columbia Blue)

Paul LaDue (Los Angeles Kings) became the most recent Stars alum to make his NHL debut when the defenseman played his first game with the Los Angeles Kings in February 2017. The Grand Forks, N.D. native finished his rookie season with eight points through 22 NHL games. LaDue won a National Championship with the University of North Dakota in 2016. Prior to his college career, LaDue notched 83 points in 118 games with the Stars.

Team Boll (Green)

Jared Boll (Anaheim Ducks) has 65 points and 1,282 penalty minutes through 569 NHL games with the Anaheim Ducks and Columbus Blue Jackets. The Charlotte, N.C. native played two seasons in Lincoln, recording 61 points and 470 penalty minutes through 116 games

Maiden

190+ players for 8 teams = 23.75 players per team. That sure doesn't appear to be a lot of ice time per player in this format.

Mr Ricochet

That's a solid preview/breakdown of camp with names of returners including their goalie. I count 11 plus two cup winners acquired from the Steel, Austen Long and Wyatt Aamodt. ............ Hoping for a few scouting reports from LIN fans especially on Paul Cotter.

Yeti

I'm planning on being there for most of it, so I'll report back. Really hope draft pick Jack McBain is there, but I've heard he may not be able to come because of school.

hockeyboy

With all the kids trying out he might be there and you wouldn't even know it.

casemagnum

I think Lincoln is setting up to be the team to beat, especially in the West this coming season.

Yeti

I think Lincoln is setting up to be the team to beat, especially in the West this coming season.

Not so sure about that. Lots of holes at the forward position. Good goaltender coming back, and good defensemen....but they really need some goal scorers.

Mr Ricochet

I'm too far behind to post each link separately. Five days of camp linked up at the Stars site: Link

CalmbeforetheStorm

I'm too far behind to post each link separately. Five days of camp linked up at the Stars site: Link

I heard Ashton Calder was going to Lincoln and it is nice to see he is doing well in their camp. He played last year on a poor surrey team in the BCHL and was one of their top guys hope he makes the club it will be interesting to do some comparison.

Yeti

I heard Ashton Calder was going to Lincoln and it is nice to see he is doing well in their camp. He played last year on a poor surrey team in the BCHL and was one of their top guys hope he makes the club it will be interesting to do some comparison.

Looked pretty good at Lincoln's camp, based on my viewings....especially the last camp all-star game. Given his size and experience, I think he's got a good shot at making the team.

Mr Ricochet

Looked pretty good at Lincoln's camp, based on my viewings....especially the last camp all-star game. Given his size and experience, I think he's got a good shot at making the team.

Considering Surrey was a weak team more impressive than Calder's 42 points are that he was an even player. Hopefully a 3 zone guy with some offensive ability. http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=221327

redwing77

Considering Surrey was a weak team more impressive than Calder's 42 points are that he was an even player. Hopefully a 3 zone guy with some offensive ability. http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=221327

Curious about something: The Elite Prospect page states that he was a 2017 Stars pick but that he's also slated to go to Lake Superior State in fall 2017? I guess that fell through or was deferred?

CalmbeforetheStorm

I hope he makes the cut down there nice kid and learns the 200 foot thing. Don't pay much attention to the +/- up here.

turk181

Curious about something: The Elite Prospect page states that he was a 2017 Stars pick but that he's also slated to go to Lake Superior State in fall 2017? I guess that fell through or was deferred?

As a follower of RPI hockey I wouldn’t put too much stock in EP’s projected dates for when a commit would start his D1 career. I’m not knocking the site, I personally find it very helpful but it’s proved far from accurate (at least with RPI commits)........BTW, Chris Heisenberg’s site also has Calder as a ’17 commit for LSSU.

Edited by turk181

hackshow22

Ouch.