Sign in to follow this  
smalt21

Returners----- Sioux Falls

smalt21

Coach Owens was hopeful for: ------ http://www.sfstampede.com/inside-stampede-hockey (jump ahead to 20:16)

F Gavin Hain

F Jaxon Nelson

F Regen Cavanagh

F Khristian Acosta

F Matthew Quercia

F Nick Bowman

F Grant Reichenbacher

F Nolan Walker

D Colin Swoyer

D Paul DeNaples

D AJ Villella

D Jack St Ivany

G Mikhail Berdin

Edited by smalt21

Mr Ricochet

Thanks for the link, Smalt....... Anything over 10 returners is solid. Love the HD feed, Olander and the production of Stampede hockey. Hoping they ice a solid team next year.

Yeti

Berdin is solid. Should have a good season with a better team in front of him. Really liked him in my limited viewings.

easmus

Berdin was fantastic. Kid can move the puck better than most of his D could this year. He was a one man clear from the zone often times.

smalt21

NEARLY 100 PLAYERS FROM ALL OVER THE COUNTRY TO HIT THE ICE

Sioux Falls, SD--The Sioux Falls Stampede will host their 2017 Tryout Camp this weekend, June 10-13, at the Scheels IcePlex in Sioux Falls. Nearly 100 players will be vying for a spot on the Stampede roster for the 2017-18 season. The camp will bring players and their families from all over the United States and other countries to Sioux Falls for a long weekend. The four-day event will also include an opportunity for players and their families to tour the Denny Sanford PREMIER Center, the home of the Stampede. The Stampede led the USHL in attendance for a fifth straight season last year, averaging over 6,300 fans per-game.

The Stampede will have nine returning players in camp, including Luverne native Jaxon Nelson who posted 18 points (7g, 11a) in 54 games as a 16 year old. Other returning forwards include Matt Quercia, Khristian Acosta, Nick Bowman and Grant Reichenbacher. Defensively, Paul DeNaples enters camp as the Stampede’s top returning defenseman after tallying 17 points (7g, 10a) in 55 games. Jack St. Ivany, Colin Swoyer, AJ Villella and recently acquired Clark Cup champion Corson Green will also attend.

The Stampede will also welcome their top three draft choices in May’s USHL Draft, including Carson Dimoff who finished last season as the third leading scorer for Aberdeen (NAHL) with 51 points (19g, 32a) in 58 regular season games and followed that up with 9 points (4g, 5a) in 12 playoff games. The Scottsdale, Ariz. native has already committed to St. Lawrence University. Also expected to participate in camp is the Herd’s first round selection of the USHL Phase I Draft (3rd overall), Ryan Johnson. The Irvine, CA native spent last season with the Anaheim Jr. Ducks U16 team where he posted 24 points (3g, 21a) in 32 games. At just 15 years old, Johnson is the highest drafted Californian in the USHL and is the son of former University of Minnesota Golden Gopher and NHL player Craig Johnson.

Tryout camp scrimmages will take place at The Furniture Mart rink inside the Scheels IcePlex throughout camp and all activities are free and open to the public. The Stampede Pro Shop will also be open during camp for fans to purchase merchandise. The 2017–18 training camp roster will be selected at the conclusion of camp. All USHL teams are required to submit their 30-man protected roster by July 9 for camp in early September. All USHL teams must trim their rosters to 23 players prior to the start of the regular season in October.

hang10

100 players for 30 spots makes for 70 unhappy kids and a pile of dough.

Mr Ricochet

All part of the process, hangin.................. Plop down a few hundred bucks, get exposure, show em your game, get some USHL coaching, feel and learn the speed, see for yourself how you measure up and what you need to work on. The parents I talked to over 10 or so years of checking out camps in Chicago and Muskegon feel they got a lot of value out of the experience.

hang10

All part of the process, hangin.................. Plop down a few hundred bucks, get exposure, show em your game, get some USHL coaching, feel and learn the speed, see for yourself how you measure up and what you need to work on. The parents I talked to over 10 or so years of checking out camps in Chicago and Muskegon feel they got a lot of value out of the experience.

Getting a bang for your buck is a good thing but I would think 100 players is hard to manage and not a lot of coaching going on.

Maiden

At most of the camps I've been to the coaches are in seats in a protected area, skybox, broadcast booth, etc etc.

Most of the coaches on the bench were trainers, equipment guys, former players.

hang10

At most of the camps I've been to the coaches are in seats in a protected area, skybox, broadcast booth, etc etc.

I wouldn't think there would be much coaching other than change em up.

herbst20

Cedar Rapids used to do more coaching in camps but that has fallen off a bit in recent years.

I believe the only coaching (drills etc) is in the Thursday night portion of camp now.

Riders did have coaches behind the bench this year including an ECHL head coach.

Mr Ricochet

Maiden the very best view is from above, not behind the bench. The purpose of this exercise is to evaluate, not win........

Hang, can only speak from my experience talking to a handful of parents who say the money paid was well worth it. Kids got a one on one evaluation from coaches, were in a USHL level atmosphere and competition and are now a face not a name on a stats sheet.

If anyone's inference is the teams make money from this you better believe they do. Damn expensive to run a Tier 1 franchise, but from my experience teams ain't stealing money and the participants get value for their dollar. Kids who's parents have 20-30-40 grand into their hockey by this point and the value they get from the 3-4 hundred bucks from a USHL camp is good value.

hang10

Maiden the very best view is from above, not behind the bench. The purpose of this exercise is to evaluate, not win........

Hang, can only speak from my experience talking to a handful of parents who say the money paid was well worth it. Kids got a one on one evaluation from coaches, were in a USHL level atmosphere and competition and are now a face not a name on a stats sheet.

If anyone's inference is the teams make money from this you better believe they do. Damn expensive to run a Tier 1 franchise, but from my experience teams ain't stealing money and the participants get value for their dollar. Kids who's parents have 20-30-40 grand into their hockey by this point and the value they get from the 3-4 hundred bucks from a USHL camp is good value.

Don't doubt you for a second there are always satisfied and dissatisfied customers in any business and yes it ain't cheap a buck here and a buck there has to help.

utgotye

Coach Owens was hopeful for: ------ http://www.sfstampede.com/inside-stampede-hockey (jump ahead to 20:16)

F Gavin Hain - Not in camp

F Jaxon Nelson

F Regen Cavanagh - Traded

F Khristian Acosta

F Matthew Quercia - Not in camp

F Nick Bowman

F Grant Reichenbacher

F Nolan Walker - Not in camp

D Colin Swoyer

D Paul DeNaples

D AJ Villella

D Jack St Ivany

G Mikhail Berdin - Not in camp

Max Johnson is also not in camp.

See attachments. Add Connor Zilisch to Royal Blue for Day 1.

Day 1 - Rotated.pdf

Edited by utgotye

herbst20

Zillsch had a nice Cedar Rapids camp. Couple goals I saw

Mr Ricochet

Again I'm so far behind so instead of posting individual links here is the SF site with plenty of info and rosters too: Link

Bigfoot

Just for the heck of it did anybody in attenance for the 2nd all star game today manage to get a copy of the final roster that was to posted at the conclusion of this game?

Mr Ricochet

North Dakota recruit Gavin Hain of Grand Rapids (MN) HS will play 2017-18 season for US NTDP U-18. Left-shot C put up 2 pts per gm last yr.

I haven't followed the Select 17 camp with 2,722 players there but have followed enough to read the headlines and Hain doing well. Stampede 1st round first player selected in the 2016 Futures Draft.

easmus

Can't say I blame him not staying to play for Owens. But still don't like the poaching.

CottonEyeJoe42

It does always majorly suck when you lose a kid to the NTDP, would love to see the league consider some form of compensation for the team losing a player, at least as long as the NTDP is in the USHL

Additional pick the following year or something.

Edited by CottonEyeJoe42

casemagnum

It does always majorly suck when you lose a kid to the NTDP, would love to see the league consider some form of compensation for the team losing a player, at least as long as the NTDP is in the USHL

Additional pick the following year or something.

I agree. Maybe an extra pick the following year, the same as the pick used for the player they lost.

herbst20

I was told Sioux Falls will receive $4k since they are losing Hain. I asked why not the $10k Cedar Rapids got for DeRidder and was told it was because DeRidder was on the 23 man protected list and Hain was an affiliate

CottonEyeJoe42

Herbst - when I said compensation, I meant something that would impact the team, the fans...not something that pads the pockets of bad ownership.

I'm not positive we could have retained Eades' services in SF no matter who owned the team, but it's no secret he did not see eye-to-eye with ownership.