• Please log in to reply
456 replies to this topic

#441 omalancers

3rd Line Center

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 12:08 PM

Former lancer head coach Briann Kaufman named Executive Director of Elkhorn Athletics.

#442 Mr Ricochet

Cup Winning Goalie

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,289 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 12:21 PM

Former lancer head coach Briann Kaufman named Executive Director of Elkhorn Athletics.

MN HS?   Man that's a nice place to land!!  A job you can settle into and retire from in 25 yrs.  Congrats to Elkhorn and Mr Kaufmann.    http://www.elkhornweb.org/ehs/

Crush Em Steel
Blackhawks Rock
RIP Huckleberry. 1995-2009.... Thanks for 14 unforgettable years Huck. You will forever be loved and missed.

#443 crb6

Checking Forward

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 01:26 PM

MN HS?   Man that's a nice place to land!!  A job you can settle into and retire from in 25 yrs.  Congrats to Elkhorn and Mr Kaufmann.    http://www.elkhornweb.org/ehs/

Things sometimes work out for the better, I bet the wife is happy!

#444 omalancers

3rd Line Center

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 01:41 PM

No, Elkhorn is a suburb off of Omaha. His new position has nothing to do with hockey. He will be in charge of getting kids signed up for basketball, football, soccer and baseball.

#445 casemagnum

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 04:12 PM

Elkhorn is just a suburb of Omaha so it is possible him and his wife liked Omaha so much to just stick around. Either way congrats to him.

#446 Mr Ricochet

Cup Winning Goalie

• Admin
  • 37,289 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 04:16 PM

Is Executive Director the same as Athletic Director?

Crush Em Steel
Blackhawks Rock
RIP Huckleberry. 1995-2009.... Thanks for 14 unforgettable years Huck. You will forever be loved and missed.

#447 Mr Ricochet

Cup Winning Goalie

• Admin
  • 37,289 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 10:46 AM

Musketeers Site   Musketeers announce trio of hirings

Director of Scouting

The Musketeers have named Andy Johnson as the Director of Scouting for the Sioux City Musketeers. Andy comes to the Musketeers after working the three seasons as a scout for the Waterloo Black Hawks and one with the Muskegon Lumberjacks of the USHL.  During the last two seasons Andy worked as an Area Scout for NHL Central Scouting.  Andy will oversee the Phase I and II drafts working hand in hand with General Manager Mark LeRose, and will direct the regional scouts and scouting schedules.

Crush Em Steel
Blackhawks Rock

#448 Yeti

Go Stars!

• Global Mod
  • 5,206 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 11:02 AM

Do most USHL teams have a director of scouting position along with a general manager?  I guess I always figured it was the same person.

#449 hackshow22

1st Line Center

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Interests:Dangles, chuckin pizzas, snippin ched, dirty cellys. Just keep on givin'er.

Posted 11 August 2017 - 12:02 PM

Do most USHL teams have a director of scouting position along with a general manager?  I guess I always figured it was the same person.

Can't recall any teams where they were one and the same. Still alot of HC's who also have the GM title in the league. Alot of guys want that experience, but I'd say more importantly the control factor that goes with it.
"I don't care how fast a skater you are, if you don't play this game with a big heart and a big bag of knuckles in front of the net, you don't got dinky-do".

#450 Mr Ricochet

Cup Winning Goalie

• Admin
  • 37,289 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 03:29 PM

Great question.  Looks like Allison is HC and GM and Rick Beckfield is Director of Scouting (DOS) and Player Personnel for the Bucs.

Fargo shows Eades as HC and GM and Brad Lutsch as asst coach and DOS.

GB shows Mikesch as HC and GM and Lenny Hoffman as DOS.

Interestingly MUS shows Anthony Bartoli as statistical analyst!! 

WTL shows PK as HC and GM with Shane Fukaushima as DOS and Director of Player Personnel. 

Interesting to read though the franchises and see their staffs.  But as far as your question I saw 4, 5 counting SC, teams with a Director of Scouting.  .........Forgot to look to see how many have a separate GM and HC.  Will do that next time. 

Crush Em Steel
Blackhawks Rock

#451 herbst20

Cup Winning Goalie

• Admin
  • 3,736 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 09:19 AM

Gamblers add 2 former players as assistant coaches

https://gamblershock.../archives/14338

#452 intheknow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 04:22 PM

Realize this isn't the USHL, but am hearing Billy Powers is the favorite to be the new Head Coach in Janesville.

#453 Mr Ricochet

Cup Winning Goalie

• Admin
  • 37,289 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 05:52 PM

Realize this isn't the USHL, but am hearing Billy Powers is the favorite to be the new Head Coach in Janesville.

Refresh my memory on Powers, itk. 

Crush Em Steel
Blackhawks Rock

#454 Mr Ricochet

Cup Winning Goalie

• Admin
  • 37,289 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 06:22 PM

Forgive me as this isn't a coaching gig but wanted to post this about Bloomy.

Justin Harrison @TheHockeyAgent
Very excited to accept a position with the @BLMThunder in a scouting capacity covering Eastern Canada. Looking forward to the new challenge!
0 replies 0 retweets 2 likes

Crush Em Steel
Blackhawks Rock

#455 H8t2lose

Checking Forward

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 09:18 AM

Sorry if this is old news.  Former Storm assistant Ben Gordon is the Chicago Steel's new Associate Head Coach! "Gordo" won the Clark Cup with the Storm in 2016 and spent last season as the Assistant Director of Hockey Operations at the University of Minnesota.

#456 Yeti

Go Stars!

• Global Mod
  • 5,206 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 02:55 PM

Stars hired a new assistant. Chris Azzano. Former goalie. Lincoln will have an entirely new coaching staff this season compared to last season.

http://www.lincolnst...rrer_id=1333196

#457 Mr Ricochet

Cup Winning Goalie

• Admin
  • 37,289 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 05:25 PM

Sorry if this is old news.  Former Storm assistant Ben Gordon is the Chicago Steel's new Associate Head Coach! "Gordo" won the Clark Cup with the Storm in 2016 and spent last season as the Assistant Director of Hockey Operations at the University of Minnesota.

Thanks, H8t.  Nice news to come home to.  Looks like a guy who's seen and been involved in the sport at a lot of levels and capacities. 

Steel Site   BEN GORDON NAMED STEEL ASSOCIATE HEAD COACH

Looks like Ben had some game.  Big numbers in AA pro:   http://www.elitepros...php?staff=17537

Crush Em Steel
Blackhawks Rock