Cup Winning Goalie

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,546 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 11:29 AM

Scoreboard

Crush Em Steel
Blackhawks Rock
RIP Huckleberry. 1995-2009.... Thanks for 14 unforgettable years Huck. You will forever be loved and missed.

#2 Saints Fan 22

Points Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 04:43 PM

Green Bay taking advantage of the schedule down the stretch, could win out and be a factor in the playoff push after all. 5 games left, 2 with Omaha, 2 with Madison, one with Bloomington, they really shouldn't lose

#3 Maiden

3nd Line Center

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 05:14 PM

Green Bay taking advantage of the schedule down the stretch, could win out and be a factor in the playoff push after all. 5 games left, 2 with Omaha, 2 with Madison, one with Bloomington, they really shouldn't lose

Green Bay is behind the 8 ball with only 5 games remaining. Youngstown and Dubuque have 7, Muskegon 6. 

Muskegon has 70 points and seem to good a team to head into a tail spin to the point Green Bay would catch them

Youngstown has 1 point lead with 2 games versus Cedar Rapids and 2 more to finish the season versus USA-17.

If Green Bay wins out they finish with 74 points. If Youngstown wins the 4 games above they will have 73 with 3 games in hand; 2 vs Lincoln, 1 vs Chicago.

Hard to see them catching Youngstown.

Dubuque has 69 points and murderers row next weekend. 3 games. Host Chicago then at Waterloo and at Sioux City.

For fun sake lets say they lose all 3. Still have 69 with 4 games remaining. 2 vs Cedar Rapids, 1 vs Madison and 1 vs Omaha. All winnable which would give them 77. Enough cushion to lose a game in regulation or 2 in OT/SO.

With the way Dubuque is trending this is the best way for Green Bay to make the playoffs.

#4 Saints Fan 22

Points Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 05:40 PM

It's a stretch for Green Bay to make it..but for your example, the Saints have done nothing to close the door. From everything I've read/seen the Saints played well this weekend, just got beat by the most talented team in the league. If they keep playing well I don't see them getting shutout on points next weekend, even though it is a ridiculously tough weekend.

#5 Mr Ricochet

Cup Winning Goalie

• Admin
  • 35,546 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 05:48 PM

Aaron Westendorf @USHLAaron 9h9 hours ago

USHL Clark Cup Playoffs Picture - updated 3/19/17

C7SlfamXkAEuNSN.jpg
C7Slg3TWwAUgLWt.jpg
0 replies 1 retweet 1 like

Crush Em Steel
Blackhawks Rock
RIP Huckleberry. 1995-2009.... Thanks for 14 unforgettable years Huck. You will forever be loved and missed.

#6 Mr Ricochet

Cup Winning Goalie

• Admin
  • 35,546 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 05:49 PM

This Aaron USHL guy is a must follow and the U-Show he co-hosts every week is a must listen.   These guys are paid to follow the league and IMO they'd do it for free.  Tons of objective info from around the league. .........I can say for sure I know a lot more about the league since I've found these two, Kevin is the other guy.

Crush Em Steel
Blackhawks Rock

#7 Mr Ricochet

Cup Winning Goalie

• Admin
  • 35,546 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 05:57 PM

Green Bay is behind the 8 ball with only 5 games remaining. Youngstown and Dubuque have 7, Muskegon 6. 

Muskegon has 70 points and seem to good a team to head into a tail spin to the point Green Bay would catch them

Youngstown has 1 point lead with 2 games versus Cedar Rapids and 2 more to finish the season versus USA-17.

If Green Bay wins out they finish with 74 points. If Youngstown wins the 4 games above they will have 73 with 3 games in hand; 2 vs Lincoln, 1 vs Chicago.

Hard to see them catching Youngstown.

Dubuque has 69 points and murderers row next weekend. 3 games. Host Chicago then at Waterloo and at Sioux City.

For fun sake lets say they lose all 3. Still have 69 with 4 games remaining. 2 vs Cedar Rapids, 1 vs Madison and 1 vs Omaha. All winnable which would give them 77. Enough cushion to lose a game in regulation or 2 in OT/SO.

With the way Dubuque is trending this is the best way for Green Bay to make the playoffs.

Solid analysis.   Yes GB has pulled to within 1 point of YT but YT has 2 games in hand.   And I'd add that Omaha and Bloomy have not quit and are playing solid hockey, these two total 3 games for the Gamblers.   Last weekend Bloomy took MUS to OT twice at MUS and took 1 of 2 this weekend at LIN who's battling for a playoff spot. .....BLM is playing a faster and more skilled approach than I've seen from them and it's working.

Let me ask this.   GB is 6-4 last 10, if Mittelstadt wasn't in the hood playing with his homies and was back with GB 3-4-5 games ago do they make the playoffs?

Aaron Westendorf Retweeted USHL

Casey Mittelstadt now with 6 points (2-4–6) in 3 games since returning to @GamblersHockey

1. Aaron Westendorf @USHLAaron 2h2 hours ago

The @GamblersHockey are now just one point shy of playoff position after going 3-0-0-0 on the weekend

0 replies 1 retweet 1 like

Crush Em Steel
Blackhawks Rock

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users