Des Moines 0 @ Fargo 2

Cedar Rapids 2 @ Green Bay 4

Bloomington 1 @ Lincoln 4

Sioux Falls 3 @ Madison 4 (OT)

Youngstown 2 @ Omaha 4

Team USA (U-17) 1 @ Sioux City 8

Muskegon 2 @ Tri City 0

Chicago 3 @ Waterloo 4

Saints Site/Jordan Kuhns Saints fall for first time this year when leading going into the 3rd period

Bucs Site/Erick Zamora   Bucs shutout, split at Fargo

InForum/Jeff Kolpack   Force shutout Des Moines

"A complete hockey game, an unselfish hockey game," said head coach Cary Eades. "It was solid team play."

Stampede Site/Jim Olander   Stamede fall in five round shootout

Caps Site   Caps win in a shootout

Phantoms Site/Matt Lipscak   Phantoms lose 2-0 lead allowing 5 unanswered goals at Omaha

“I think once we got up 2-0, there was a thought process that it was almost going to be an easy game, which as we all know, it’s never like that here,” said Phantoms Head Coach Brad Patterson. “I thought we started to cheat to the offensive side of the puck…we weren’t making good decisions.”

The loss, combined with wins by Muskegon and Green Bay and a loss by Dubuque, means the Phantoms are only three points ahead of the fifth-place Gamblers. Youngstown’s magic number to clinch a playoff spot remains at 10. Muskegon leap-frogged Dubuque and is now in second place. The Phantoms trail the third-place Fighting Saints by four points with eight games remaining for both teams. Youngstown has two games in-hand on Green Bay.

Lancers Site/Isaac Berky   Lancers erase 2-0 deficit with 5 unanswered goals

Muskateers Site   8-1 win caps off perfect weekend for Muskateers

Steel Site   Badini gets 3 points but Steel fall at Waterloo

WCFcourier/Clay Cunningham   Hawks hold off East leading Chicago

“They created offense and cashed in,” Waterloo Coach P.K. O’Handley said. “As the game wore on, we started to generate more and more chances down low and we were able to capitalize on those.”

“It was a heavyweight bout,” O’Handley said. “They did some good things, we did some good things. Not surprising it came down to a one-goal game.”

Thunder Site   Thunder drop finale at Lincoln, settle for a split

LJS/Tim Gray   Stars rebound behind 2nd period spark

“Really all it was, was we were making clean plays,” Stars coach Chris Hartsburg said. “That was one thing tonight, we were much cleaner with our puck play. We passed the puck much better, received passes much better, but we also got pucks behind.”

“Our cycle game was much better tonight,” Hartsburg added. “We were moving our feet, supporting pucks much better. Again it was game were of style we wanted to play, carried through and stuck with it and it paid off.”

Crush Em Steel
Blackhawks Rock
RIP Huckleberry. 1995-2009.... Thanks for 14 unforgettable years Huck. You will forever be loved and missed.

#42 Mr Ricochet

Cup Winning Goalie

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,546 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 11:40 AM

Jacks Site/Scott Bradford   Jacks sweep Storm, take hold of 2nd place

Combined with two Dubuque losses this weekend, the wins bring the Jacks past the Saints and into second place in the Eastern Conference. Chicago also lost tonight, meaning the Jacks are within three points of first place.

Crush Em Steel
Blackhawks Rock
RIP Huckleberry. 1995-2009.... Thanks for 14 unforgettable years Huck. You will forever be loved and missed.

#43 Mr Ricochet

Cup Winning Goalie

• Admin
  • 35,546 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:20 PM

Enjoyed the Bucs @ Fargo game as well.   Solid game with excellent goaltending as Murray shut em out.   I think a split was fair to both sides as these two gave the fans two solid games this weekend.  Lotta shots and a lotta pace with very good goaltending. 

Rookie Dman 99 Phillips stands out more each time I see the Force.   Nice player.........

Best news for Force fans is Phillips is only a Junior in High School and will be back next season. One of my favorites the last few seasons gas been Shane McMahon. That guy works his tail off every game. Was also glad to see Dougherty pull back in the lineup last night. He had been scratched the last few games but came in and made an impact last night.

Did you listen to this weeks U-Show?   The two guys had some kind of USHL draft where they took guys who weren't eligible for the draft (I think) and McMahon was one of them.   Since then I've watched the kid and indeed he's a useful player.  A 96.   He's a 3rd liner, no?

The Force 1st line is as good as this league has, Phillips and Haiskenen are a solid to very good 1st pairing and Murray (who was also drafted by the U-Show guys) is the workhorse behind the #2 PK and 4th in overall GA group.   That said what is your concern with the club going into the playoffs, assuming they make it?   Depth scoring? 

Crush Em Steel
Blackhawks Rock

#44 DM47

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:40 PM

Enjoyed the Bucs @ Fargo game as well.   Solid game with excellent goaltending as Murray shut em out.   I think a split was fair to both sides as these two gave the fans two solid games this weekend.  Lotta shots and a lotta pace with very good goaltending. 

Rookie Dman 99 Phillips stands out more each time I see the Force.   Nice player.........

Best news for Force fans is Phillips is only a Junior in High School and will be back next season. One of my favorites the last few seasons gas been Shane McMahon. That guy works his tail off every game. Was also glad to see Dougherty pull back in the lineup last night. He had been scratched the last few games but came in and made an impact last night.

Did you listen to this weeks U-Show?   The two guys had some kind of USHL draft where they took guys who weren't eligible for the draft (I think) and McMahon was one of them.   Since then I've watched the kid and indeed he's a useful player.  A 96.   He's a 3rd liner, no?

The Force 1st line is as good as this league has, Phillips and Haiskenen are a solid to very good 1st pairing and Murray (who was also drafted by the U-Show guys) is the workhorse behind the #2 PK and 4th in overall GA group.   That said what is your concern with the club going into the playoffs, assuming they make it?   Depth scoring? 

McMahon is 3rd line on the sheet. I really wouldn't say either the 2nd or 3rd line are better than the other though.

Murray is still draft eligible may be why he wasn't mentioned, he was c-rated earlier in the year. He is a solid tender, handles the puck well out of the net. He faces a lot of breakaways and odd man rushes, otherwise I think his numbers would be even better.

I would definitely say scoring is the concern for going far. They get plenty of chances but have trouble burying them. It will be nice to get in the playoffs again. I am hoping for Waterloo in the first round as they seem to play them better. They have not played them for some time now but will meet them for the final 2 games of the regular season.

#45 Yeti

Go Stars!

• Global Mod
  • 5,082 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:11 AM

Lincoln rebounded well Saturday night vs. Bloomington, but it's starting to look more and more like they will not be playoff bound.  Losing Friday night's game to Bloomy, while Fargo lost, really hurt.

As a goal judge this season for the Stars, I've had the opportunity to watch opposing goalies quite a bit.  It's been interesting to see all of their "ticks."  They're certainly a unique bunch.  Had a lot of fun watching Halladay for Bloomington on Saturday.  He's definitely not the norm in that he interacts with the fans behind the glass, bobs his head to the music in between whistles, and is very chatty during the game.  Damn good goaltender, too.  I can see why at one point he was a Minnesota recruit.  Merrimack is getting a good one.  

#46 Mr Ricochet

Cup Winning Goalie

• Admin
  • 35,546 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:08 PM

Lincoln rebounded well Saturday night vs. Bloomington, but it's starting to look more and more like they will not be playoff bound.  Losing Friday night's game to Bloomy, while Fargo lost, really hurt.

As a goal judge this season for the Stars, I've had the opportunity to watch opposing goalies quite a bit.  It's been interesting to see all of their "ticks."  They're certainly a unique bunch.  Had a lot of fun watching Halladay for Bloomington on Saturday.  He's definitely not the norm in that he interacts with the fans behind the glass, bobs his head to the music in between whistles, and is very chatty during the game.  Damn good goaltender, too.  I can see why at one point he was a Minnesota recruit.  Merrimack is getting a good one.  

Interesting.   All goalies have their own way of dealing with the pressures of the position, most NHL tenders can't be spoken to on game day.  We've all seen the pregame video of a Holtby sitting in the stands of an empty arena doing his eye exercises as if he's in another world....... IMO most goalies don't hear the crowd per say beyond it being white noise, even during stoppages.  A part of your mind you never realize is there until you crawl into that crease.  

But then you get a Halladay who obviously handles the pressure differently.  No doubt Yeti he's in a zone.  Watched both games at Muskegon a couple weeks back and this is the very best I've seen him.  As a 96 who never fulfilled his being Bloomy's first ever player signed and a MN recruit, maybe, hopefully, he's a late bloomer. 

Helluva seat sitting behind these USHL goalies as a goal judge.  Best position in all of sport for my money.  From what you've seen care to rank the top 5 this year, omitting any Stars so you can speak freely? 

Crush Em Steel
Blackhawks Rock

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users