USHL GDT 3/17 (Friday Recap)

40 replies to this topic

#41 Mr Ricochet

Cup Winning Goalie

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,546 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 01:21 PM

Hey 47, who was doing the call for the Force and where is the regular guy?   He did just fine but there is no replacing their regular guy who is as good as they come.........

Force ran into what most clubs do, great goaltending from DM.   Ruzicka was the difference in the Bucs 3-2 win.  Force outshot em 35-17 but couldn't get on the board until the 3rd down 3-0.  IMO Murray needed to stop that 2nd goal from a bad angle and the 1st he might have been screened on the point shot, but if not he needed that one too. 

Game got really good in the 3rd when the Force got two PP tallies to pull withing 3-2 at the 10:00 mark.  Two solid PP goals where the puck was nicely moved around the zone ending in great feeds by Lizotte and Phillips to set up the goals.   Not many ways to beat Ruzicka but no goalies are making saves on those two PP goals. 

Solid road win for the Bucs but if I'm the Force I'll take my chances outshooting them by a bunch again in the 2nd of the back to back tonight. 

Not familiar with this guy. My wife had to work last night so she watched the beginning of the game from home and commented that she did not care for him.

I felt like Des Moines disrupted play along the boards and didn't allow Fargo to get into their normal cycling game. They got shots, I didn't think they got a lot of quality chances until the 3rd.

The first goal of the game I was pretty mad about at the time. Phillip Alftberg was carrying the puck out of the zone and an oblivious stick to the skate, tripped and lost possession, Des Moines held the zone passed the puck back up to the point where it was shot and tipped on the way to the net.

The second goal looked worse on the replauthor then it did from my seat. It looked like Murray had most of the net covered except the very top corner,but on the replay it looks like he had a lot of room between him and the post,so a lot more for Johnson to see then I did.

Braden Costello from Grand Forks had a good night for Des Moines picking up 2 assists after his high school team went undefeated and won the state championship in North Dakota. There was a good contingent of Des Moines fans in house with a very small crowd. Announced as 2900 paid attendance, I would say 1000 never showed up.

Again the PBP guy is sitting in for a real pro.   No he didn't seamlessly ooze stats like the regular guy (Brad Anderson?) but he did enough homework to know who was who on the Bucs.  I thought he did a good job just that your #1 is fantastic and no matter who sits in will be a drop off.  I planned on watching both games in Fargo this weekend and was looking forward to listening to Brad Anderson (?). 

So the 1st goal was a tip/redirect?   Then that's a different story and a tough to impossible stop.

The guy who jumped out is Bucs 99 Isaac Johnson.  Not so much cuz he scored twice but was dangerous and I hadn't really noticed him until last night.  Looking now he has 8 points in his last 10 games, a hattrick in that span, 16 shots and is a +1. 

Crush Em Steel
Blackhawks Rock
RIP Huckleberry. 1995-2009.... Thanks for 14 unforgettable years Huck. You will forever be loved and missed.

Reply to this topic

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users