- - - - -

A Minnesota USHL Entry?

53 replies to this topic

#21 SCBlueLiner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 11:14 AM

Agree.  Did say it would probably never happen.

#22 Mr Ricochet

Cup Winning Goalie

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,661 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 06:23 PM

To answer a question from another thread that was brought back to life about Rochester: I wouldn't want to own a USHL team long-term in the current building.  It's inadequate for what you'd expect out of a modern USHL team.   

I imagine finding owners for a Rochester USHL team if a new arena can be constructed wouldn't be too hard.  In a new arena, you probably could average 2,500 a game in Rochester.  You won't do that where they're at now--people will just still go up to Excel or Mariucci.  But, give Rochester something on par with other recent USHL arenas, I suspect they'd respond to the tune of around 2,500 people a game with a well-run organization.  Everyone probably remembers how I like to see 3,000 fans per game for a USHL team, but almost nobody is averaging that anymore.  Even Lincoln isn't. So, find some owners willing to lose some money each year for the good of hockey and the City of Rochester (those people do exist), and away you go.

Now, does securing a USHL team now in Rochester help get or keep the ball rolling for a new arena in Rochester?  Yes.  The interesting thing is that there was word out of Rochester last year that the Minnesota Timberwolves were interested in putting an NBA D-League team in Rochester if they got a new arena.  A USHL hockey team in the current rink would ensure a future tenant for any such new arena, which might be enough to actually get it built, which actually would also bring a D-League team to Rochester.  Now, I'm not sure how much a USHL hockey team would really want a D-League team to compete against for sponsorship dollars, fans, etc. However, two tenants in such an arena makes it truly viable for the city (which is already putting a lot of money into upgrading their old all-purpose arena--which does not have hockey capacities).

With all of that said, USHL hockey in Rochester would almost certainly go over better than Bloomington or Chicago or Youngstown (can't say Youngstown's ownership hasn't been committed over these years...). So, if you're going to move a USHL team, there aren't many places better than Rochester to move it to.  Wausau, Wisconsin, and Racine, Wisconsin, are up there, but Rochester is the option that looks the most likely of actually happening. 

All things considered, given how dismal USHL attendance is these days (nobody outside of Sioux Falls is really doing that great in terms of attendance anymore), Rochester would actually now be right around average for the league--which is becoming so expensive to own it's unreal.

In reality, the USHL needs to contract geographically to keep things financially viable.  Abandon Bloomington, abandon Chicago, don't try to fill Indianapolis again, abandon Youngstown, and then you may have to abandon Muskegon, too.  There is the problem of the USNTDP and the existence of the USNTDP and the desire to keep it in the league might be enough to save Muskegon (travel partner).  The other option is to abandon Muskegon, too, and to start playing the USNTDP like you would a college team (Friday and Saturday night).   

In the end, dropping the Illinois teams and Youngstown and filling them in with Rochester and perhaps markets like Wausau and Racine helps out the current teams a lot.

It'd all be a bummer for the Ice Hawks, though.  The team would almost certainly have to move or go dark.  If it were to be moved, I'd move it to Marshall, Minnesota.  Marshall has the new Red Baron Arena (part of a multi-million dollar facility). It seats 1,200, has a second sheet, and Marshall has about 13,500 people (right in that population range with New Ulm, Alexandria, and Willmar).  It's also in the geographic footprint of the West Division.  Marshall is also the home to Southwest Minnesota State University. Full-time enrollment is 3,700 students and it'd be a legitimate part-time education option for players, particularly those from Minnesota.  That'd make it difficult for the Fatis family to be directly involved like they have been all these years, but there really aren't any other options close by.  Red Wing, Minnesota, might be an option, but it isn't all that close and getting the ice time there might be difficult.  Kasson, Minnesota's rink is not an NA3HL caliber facility.  Albert Lea may have territorial issues and it has Waldorf College's team at current.  I wouldn't choose Fairmont or Worthington over Marshall (facilities probably wouldn't get the green light for an NA3HL team).  Cambridge/Isanti could be an option (I don't think Forest Lake's proximity would be an issue since those two were allowed to coexist previously by USA Hockey).  Crookston, Minnesota, has a nice facility (not quite as nice as Marshall, but decent), but it might be stretching the geographic vicinity.  The NA3HL would approve Marshall before they approve Crookston.  It'd be great to see Crookston get a junior hockey team, although it might have to be in the SIJHL like Thief River Falls. Crookston is actually closer, in general, to NA3HL teams, but Thief River Falls is close by and Fort Frances and the Minnesota Iron Rangers aren't ridiculous distances.  Thunder Bay, Dryden, and English River would be hikes, though. Grand Rapids, Minnesota, would be a good location for an SIJHL team, too, although competing against their high school team right now might be tough--they just won the state championship in 2A.  The arena in Grand Rapids is pretty nice, though.  Actually, about 15 years ago, the Iron Range Yellow Jackets played out of the IRA Civic Arena and were members of the MnJHL and affiliate members of the SIJHL. 

As always a ton of info in your post..........

I'm never against running lean and pragmatic but I'd think long and hard about leaving the state of Michigan, a state where if I were to retire and move just for the sake of the quality and choices of hockey at all levels that's where I'm going.  To me Michigan is the State of Hockey in this country......

Was just mentioning that the Jacks are gaining traction with Muskegon fans.   I see and feel a buzz there I haven't since the AA pro Fury.  I'd also mention there were about 4 or so groups of Jack fans totaling 15 or so people in Chicago for the game last Saturday.  First I've seen traveling Jack fans in Chicago.

Chicago:   Kwey like Muskegon there is a buzz here for the Steel I haven't seen.   Robbins has spent to put together as deep and quality filled front office/scouting/coaching/evaluating/marketing group (they are advertising on ESPN radio in the Chicago market and you know that ain't cheap) as any in this league in their new digs on the grounds of top 10-15 drawing Kane County Cougars in all of minor league baseball. ....   They have everything to succeed long term sans an arena, but that doesn't seem to be a concern for Robbins, at this point.

Does that mean anything long term?   Who knows but the arrow is pointing up for the Steel franchise on all counts and Robbins is constructing this franchise like he plans to be around a while, and winning some hockey games. 

Crush Em Steel
Blackhawks Rock
RIP Huckleberry. 1995-2009.... Thanks for 14 unforgettable years Huck. You will forever be loved and missed.

#23 Mr Ricochet

Cup Winning Goalie

• Admin
  • 36,661 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 06:26 PM

I would guess Doug Zmolek would be the person he's talking about, Doug played in the NHL and is part of the youth hockey program, his son also plays for Cedar Rapids

Nice guess, but not Doug.  Sorry Rico, on some things I have to be cryptic.  If not some people involved might not keep me in the loop.  Rochester is a great location and I think the USHL could do very well there. I could see the right group being motivated to get a meeting with the league as soon as today, maybe yesterday.  I could see the arena that has housed a Tier 3 money making machine for a number of years possibly having a general framework for a lease already done.  If you are from Minnesota or have followed hockey there its easy enough to figure out. 

With multiple teams now being shopped due to attendance factors, a sale and relocation would not surprise anyone if it were announced in May.

Understood....... I like your enthusiasm for Rochester. 

Crush Em Steel
Blackhawks Rock
RIP Huckleberry. 1995-2009.... Thanks for 14 unforgettable years Huck. You will forever be loved and missed.

#24 kwey24

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 08:57 PM

To answer a question from another thread that was brought back to life about Rochester: I wouldn't want to own a USHL team long-term in the current building.  It's inadequate for what you'd expect out of a modern USHL team.   

I imagine finding owners for a Rochester USHL team if a new arena can be constructed wouldn't be too hard.  In a new arena, you probably could average 2,500 a game in Rochester.  You won't do that where they're at now--people will just still go up to Excel or Mariucci.  But, give Rochester something on par with other recent USHL arenas, I suspect they'd respond to the tune of around 2,500 people a game with a well-run organization.  Everyone probably remembers how I like to see 3,000 fans per game for a USHL team, but almost nobody is averaging that anymore.  Even Lincoln isn't. So, find some owners willing to lose some money each year for the good of hockey and the City of Rochester (those people do exist), and away you go.

Now, does securing a USHL team now in Rochester help get or keep the ball rolling for a new arena in Rochester?  Yes.  The interesting thing is that there was word out of Rochester last year that the Minnesota Timberwolves were interested in putting an NBA D-League team in Rochester if they got a new arena.  A USHL hockey team in the current rink would ensure a future tenant for any such new arena, which might be enough to actually get it built, which actually would also bring a D-League team to Rochester.  Now, I'm not sure how much a USHL hockey team would really want a D-League team to compete against for sponsorship dollars, fans, etc. However, two tenants in such an arena makes it truly viable for the city (which is already putting a lot of money into upgrading their old all-purpose arena--which does not have hockey capacities).

With all of that said, USHL hockey in Rochester would almost certainly go over better than Bloomington or Chicago or Youngstown (can't say Youngstown's ownership hasn't been committed over these years...). So, if you're going to move a USHL team, there aren't many places better than Rochester to move it to.  Wausau, Wisconsin, and Racine, Wisconsin, are up there, but Rochester is the option that looks the most likely of actually happening. 

All things considered, given how dismal USHL attendance is these days (nobody outside of Sioux Falls is really doing that great in terms of attendance anymore), Rochester would actually now be right around average for the league--which is becoming so expensive to own it's unreal.

In reality, the USHL needs to contract geographically to keep things financially viable.  Abandon Bloomington, abandon Chicago, don't try to fill Indianapolis again, abandon Youngstown, and then you may have to abandon Muskegon, too.  There is the problem of the USNTDP and the existence of the USNTDP and the desire to keep it in the league might be enough to save Muskegon (travel partner).  The other option is to abandon Muskegon, too, and to start playing the USNTDP like you would a college team (Friday and Saturday night).   

In the end, dropping the Illinois teams and Youngstown and filling them in with Rochester and perhaps markets like Wausau and Racine helps out the current teams a lot.

It'd all be a bummer for the Ice Hawks, though.  The team would almost certainly have to move or go dark.  If it were to be moved, I'd move it to Marshall, Minnesota.  Marshall has the new Red Baron Arena (part of a multi-million dollar facility). It seats 1,200, has a second sheet, and Marshall has about 13,500 people (right in that population range with New Ulm, Alexandria, and Willmar).  It's also in the geographic footprint of the West Division.  Marshall is also the home to Southwest Minnesota State University. Full-time enrollment is 3,700 students and it'd be a legitimate part-time education option for players, particularly those from Minnesota.  That'd make it difficult for the Fatis family to be directly involved like they have been all these years, but there really aren't any other options close by.  Red Wing, Minnesota, might be an option, but it isn't all that close and getting the ice time there might be difficult.  Kasson, Minnesota's rink is not an NA3HL caliber facility.  Albert Lea may have territorial issues and it has Waldorf College's team at current.  I wouldn't choose Fairmont or Worthington over Marshall (facilities probably wouldn't get the green light for an NA3HL team).  Cambridge/Isanti could be an option (I don't think Forest Lake's proximity would be an issue since those two were allowed to coexist previously by USA Hockey).  Crookston, Minnesota, has a nice facility (not quite as nice as Marshall, but decent), but it might be stretching the geographic vicinity.  The NA3HL would approve Marshall before they approve Crookston.  It'd be great to see Crookston get a junior hockey team, although it might have to be in the SIJHL like Thief River Falls. Crookston is actually closer, in general, to NA3HL teams, but Thief River Falls is close by and Fort Frances and the Minnesota Iron Rangers aren't ridiculous distances.  Thunder Bay, Dryden, and English River would be hikes, though. Grand Rapids, Minnesota, would be a good location for an SIJHL team, too, although competing against their high school team right now might be tough--they just won the state championship in 2A.  The arena in Grand Rapids is pretty nice, though.  Actually, about 15 years ago, the Iron Range Yellow Jackets played out of the IRA Civic Arena and were members of the MnJHL and affiliate members of the SIJHL. 

As always a ton of info in your post..........

I'm never against running lean and pragmatic but I'd think long and hard about leaving the state of Michigan, a state where if I were to retire and move just for the sake of the quality and choices of hockey at all levels that's where I'm going.  To me Michigan is the State of Hockey in this country......

Was just mentioning that the Jacks are gaining traction with Muskegon fans.   I see and feel a buzz there I haven't since the AA pro Fury.  I'd also mention there were about 4 or so groups of Jack fans totaling 15 or so people in Chicago for the game last Saturday.  First I've seen traveling Jack fans in Chicago.

Chicago:   Kwey like Muskegon there is a buzz here for the Steel I haven't seen.   Robbins has spent to put together as deep and quality filled front office/scouting/coaching/evaluating/marketing group (they are advertising on ESPN radio in the Chicago market and you know that ain't cheap) as any in this league in their new digs on the grounds of top 10-15 drawing Kane County Cougars in all of minor league baseball. ....   They have everything to succeed long term sans an arena, but that doesn't seem to be a concern for Robbins, at this point.

Does that mean anything long term?   Who knows but the arrow is pointing up for the Steel franchise on all counts and Robbins is constructing this franchise like he plans to be around a while, and winning some hockey games. 

Robbins could potentially do all of that same stuff in a market that actually cares, too.  I appreciate everything Robbins is doing, but I just don't think a lot of people in Kane County are going to go to a lot of Steel games at the Fox Valley Ice Arena.  It's just not a USHL-caliber venue, which you really, really need to have in an area like the Chicagoland where there is so much to do (including go to the Blackhawks or Wolves).  As we've harped on for over 10 years--build a USHL caliber arena in Joliet, and you'll do just fine.  I just don't see Robbins getting much more than 1,500 people at Fox Valley no matter what he does. 

I'm aware things in Muskegon are trending a positive direction; but, if Chicago were no longer in the USHL, it makes it harder to justify having Muskegon.  It really comes down to how committed to the Chicagoland is Robbins.  If Wausau, Wisconsin, got a new USHL arena, would he stay in Chicago?   That said, if the USNTDP is still in the league, that probably saves Muskegon.  The USHL losing Muskegon would be like when the NAHL loses Johnstown.  It won't be that the Tomahawks aren't well-supported, it's because all the other teams close to them fail and it just becomes impossible to keep them. 

If USA Hockey has to end to the USNTDP to pay for the women's national team, all bets are off for Muskegon if Chicago is lost (that's tongue-in-cheek, folks).

#25 Maiden

2nd Line Center

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 10:01 PM

The current owner of the Steel will leave the Chicago market for 2 reasons:

a. He prefers his sons play in the USPHL alphabet soup free to pay junior league based in the east coast where they are from. Or

b. His sons all age out and he doesn't need the USHL any longer.

#26 Mr Ricochet

Cup Winning Goalie

• Admin
  • 36,661 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 05:45 PM

a. He prefers his sons play in the USPHL alphabet soup free to pay junior league based in the east coast where they are from. Or

Couple thoughts.   Firstly when the club was sold I was told this dude is loaded and needs a team for his boys to play.   That it might be a short run once his kids are done with juniors.   So this isn't out of left field and is a possibility.   And if it happens this way it won't be the first or last time it happens.  But as I watch the franchise this year I have questions.

Why would Robbins pick the very highest level for his boys to play?   Why not buy an NAHL team or USPHL team?  Somewhere closer to home?  Both leagues attract plenty of scouts. 

Why would he spend for a top flight front office/coaching/scouting/advertising if he's out in 3-4 years?  In other words it seems to me he's building this franchise, minus a USHL type arena, for the long haul. 

And now that the franchise foundation has been built if Robbins wants out in 3-4 years the franchise is an attractive one if he were looking to sell.  And my guess is the USHL, and NHL, wants a franchise in Chicago with two airports to get in and out quickly, the Blackhawks and AHL Wolves and Rockford within 60 miles so scouts can easily see the league. 

I think to say anything definitively is nothing but a guess. 

Crush Em Steel
Blackhawks Rock

#27 Mr Ricochet

Cup Winning Goalie

• Admin
  • 36,661 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 07:03 PM

Couple thoughts.   Firstly when the club was sold I was told this dude is loaded and needs a team for his boys to play.   That it might be a short run once his kids are done with juniors.   So this isn't out of left field and is a possibility.   And if it happens this way it won't be the first or last time it happens.  But as I watch the franchise this year I have questions.

Why would Robbins pick the very highest level for his boys to play?   Why not buy an NAHL team or USPHL team?  Somewhere closer to home?  Both leagues attract plenty of scouts. 

Why would he spend for a top flight front office/coaching/scouting/advertising if he's out in 3-4 years?  In other words it seems to me he's building this franchise, minus a USHL type arena, for the long haul. 

And now that the franchise foundation has been built if Robbins wants out in 3-4 years the franchise is an attractive one if he were looking to sell.  And my guess is the USHL, and NHL, wants a franchise in Chicago with two airports to get in and out quickly, the Blackhawks and AHL Wolves and Rockford within 60 miles so scouts can easily see the league. 

I think to say anything definitively is nothing but a guess. 

Something else I forgot to add.   Robbins sprung to take the Steel to Russia last year for that Junior Hockey Club tournament thingy.

Crush Em Steel
Blackhawks Rock

#28 North of 60

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 03:17 PM

If a player and his family is dumb enough to believe Minnesota high school is better than the USHL, well, they deserve what they get.  Without even watching the USHL, all you have to do is research the players.

It's almost as dumb as someone saying the national championship college football team is better than the Cleveland Browns.  Sorry folks, everyone on the Cleveland Browns was a top player in college and now has even more experience. Almost everyone in the USHL was one of the very, very best players in their previous league (once in awhile you get a specific role player for whom that's not true, but it's few and far between). 

There's nothing magical about USHL practices.  I saw plenty of 16-year-olds make the jump too early, lose their confidence, and end up people nobody's even heard of now.  Very little goes wrong waiting to go to the USHL or major juniors (or the NAHL).  A lot can go wrong if you go too soon. 

As for Tanner Lane, would an extra year of USHL hockey really have made any difference? I highly, highly doubt it.  Your talent is, what your talent is.  Did playing in the USHL forever like Tristan Llewellyn help him much?  Nick Petrecki?  I'm not even arguing that those two went early.  What I'm saying is they plateaued.  Same with Tanner Lane.  Would it have made a difference for Nico Sacchetti if he'd gone to the USHL earlier? (Would he have even made it any earlier?)  Tanner Lane's topping out where he did had nothing to do with playing in the USHL one less year and everything to do with that's the amount of talent he has.  If you're going backwards on UNO, that's a you problem. 

As Nick Leddy shows, if you're good enough, you're good enough. As Nick Jensen shows, if you're good enough, you're good enough.  As Nic Dowd shows, if you're good enough and work you a-- off, you're good enough.  As Patrick Maroon shows, if you're good enough, you're good enough. There are many routes to the NHL. 

I've never seen a kid who played in the USHL at 16 where I said, "Man, it's a good thing that kid played in the USHL at 16, otherwise he would never made the league and never have been anything."

I agree with this post. Hanowski and Benik put up Nintendo numbers in high school and faired just fine in the process. You also have the overhyped big school kids that don't pan out like Lane. If they have it, they have it.

#29 Mr Ricochet

Cup Winning Goalie

• Admin
  • 36,661 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 01:31 PM

If a player and his family is dumb enough to believe Minnesota high school is better than the USHL, well, they deserve what they get.  Without even watching the USHL, all you have to do is research the players.

It's almost as dumb as someone saying the national championship college football team is better than the Cleveland Browns.  Sorry folks, everyone on the Cleveland Browns was a top player in college and now has even more experience. Almost everyone in the USHL was one of the very, very best players in their previous league (once in awhile you get a specific role player for whom that's not true, but it's few and far between). 

There's nothing magical about USHL practices.  I saw plenty of 16-year-olds make the jump too early, lose their confidence, and end up people nobody's even heard of now.  Very little goes wrong waiting to go to the USHL or major juniors (or the NAHL).  A lot can go wrong if you go too soon. 

As for Tanner Lane, would an extra year of USHL hockey really have made any difference? I highly, highly doubt it.  Your talent is, what your talent is.  Did playing in the USHL forever like Tristan Llewellyn help him much?  Nick Petrecki?  I'm not even arguing that those two went early.  What I'm saying is they plateaued.  Same with Tanner Lane.  Would it have made a difference for Nico Sacchetti if he'd gone to the USHL earlier? (Would he have even made it any earlier?)  Tanner Lane's topping out where he did had nothing to do with playing in the USHL one less year and everything to do with that's the amount of talent he has.  If you're going backwards on UNO, that's a you problem. 

As Nick Leddy shows, if you're good enough, you're good enough. As Nick Jensen shows, if you're good enough, you're good enough.  As Nic Dowd shows, if you're good enough and work you a-- off, you're good enough.  As Patrick Maroon shows, if you're good enough, you're good enough. There are many routes to the NHL. 

I've never seen a kid who played in the USHL at 16 where I said, "Man, it's a good thing that kid played in the USHL at 16, otherwise he would never made the league and never have been anything."

I agree with this post. Hanowski and Benik put up Nintendo numbers in high school and faired just fine in the process. You also have the overhyped big school kids that don't pan out like Lane. If they have it, they have it.

Welcome 60...........

And no Kwey I guess there isn't anything magical about a USHL practice except to say the talent, speed, size, skill, goaltending is eons ahead of even the best HS game let alone practice. 

Acknowledging there is not one right answer or path for any player all things being equal find the best, play the best and you'll improve faster than your peers who didn't and maybe get an early jump on that scholarship or spot on an international tournament roster or top prospect game and be seen by more scouts. 

Crush Em Steel
Blackhawks Rock

#30 iowaninja

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 03:26 PM

There are pluses and minuses to either way. More puck touches will help out playing at a lower level but also playing against the tougher competition will force you to be a better player.

While not the same level my experience this season was my 5 year old played on the mite team (u8) for the season, he didn't do a lot in the mite games but improved a ton from the start of the season, the last weekend him and the other u6 kids played against other mini-mite teams in Minnesota and the difference in confidence and skill was evident in our team. There is no magic formula and every player has to look at the pros and cons to their decision. In a couple seasons we will probably have to choose between going to squirts or playing a 4th season of mites and at that point the extra touches and playing down will probably be the better choice

#31 eaglesfan

3nd Line Center

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 03:27 PM

Does BLOOMY go to Minny

#32 Mr Ricochet

Cup Winning Goalie

• Admin
  • 36,661 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:32 AM

Does BLOOMY go to Minny

Every year we have rumors that rarely materialize and this year is no different.  Most are reasonable as a fan looks at attendance numbers and connects the dots and Bloomy fits right in.  Bloomy does fit any rumor this year.........

Crush Em Steel
Blackhawks Rock

#33 ChrisDilks

Checking Forward

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:43 PM

Kasson, Minnesota's rink is not an NA3HL caliber facility....Cambridge/Isanti could be an option 

I've never been to the rink at Kasson. How does it not qualify but C-I does? Does the place not have four walls?

#34 kwey24

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:42 PM

David Johnson Arena in Isanti doubles Kasson's seating and actual has a concourse of sorts.  You could actually pull off a stream of a game at Isanti, too, from that concourse and have an acceptable camera angle. Isanti also has the one concourse overlooking the endboards on one side.  Kasson has less seating than Hopkins (if you've ever been there). Hopkins probably has two more rows than Kasson.  I think Kasson only have four rows, if memory serves.  David Johnson has eight and it goes the whole length of the ice.

It's no contest between Kasson and Isanti. 

Again, though, Marshall, Minnesota, and its new arena would be my first choice for a new NA3HL team in Minnesota or relocated NA3HL team Minnesota.

#35 Left Behind

Checking Forward

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:04 AM

Does BLOOMY go to Minny

Every year we have rumors that rarely materialize and this year is no different.  Most are reasonable as a fan looks at attendance numbers and connects the dots and Bloomy fits right in.  Bloomy does fit any rumor this year.........

The Canadian oil price shock is still hurting and Bloomy hasn't met projections at the gate so a move somewhere wouldn't be out of the question I wouldn't think, nor would staff changes for that matter.

#36 minor life

Cup Winning Goalie

• Members
  • 2,365 posts
  • Interests:Hockey, hunting and fishing. Is there much else?

Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:52 AM

Does BLOOMY go to Minny

The Canadian oil price shock is still hurting and Bloomy hasn't met projections at the gate so a move somewhere wouldn't be out of the question I wouldn't think, nor would staff changes for that matter.

Staff changes not likely, a move on the other hand highly likely, possible dark for a season.

There is a difference between someone who plays hockey, and a Hockey Player. which one are you?

#37 iowaninja

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 09:36 AM

possible dark for a season

Has any team every came back from this?

#38 Maiden

2nd Line Center

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 11:46 AM

I keep hearing Bloomington could possibly become a tenant in the new St Louis Blues practice facility.

#39 minor life

Cup Winning Goalie

• Members
  • 2,365 posts
  • Interests:Hockey, hunting and fishing. Is there much else?

Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:20 PM

possible dark for a season

Has any team every came back from this?

These owners are not just any other group.  That said, I don't believe they stay with this ownership group if they don't warp up a relocation deal soon.

There is a difference between someone who plays hockey, and a Hockey Player. which one are you?

#40 casemagnum

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:27 PM

I keep hearing Bloomington could possibly become a tenant in the new St Louis Blues practice facility.

This could be interesting as the SC ownership group is from St. Louis. Most people here wish Jim K. would take back over. Jim even said a few years back he wishes he wouldn't have sold. Jim was there at almost every home game thanking every fan as they left the main entrance and knew most by name. That says a lot but also means a lot to most.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users