Sign in to follow this  
Mr Ricochet

USHL Week 24 Articles (3/6/17)

Mr Ricochet

USHL Site Player of The Week

The United States Hockey League announced the CCM Forward, Defenseman and Goaltender of the Week for Week 24 of the 2016-17 season. Team USA's Joel Farabee earned Forward of the Week honors for the first time this season, Green Bay Gamblers defenseman Connor Mackey was named Defenseman of the Week for the third time this year, and Sioux City Musketeers goaltender Matiss Kivlenieks won Goaltender of the Week honors for the second straight week. Farabee had a fantastic weekend, tallying seven points including a hat trick and a pair of game-winning goals in Team USA's sweep over Waterloo. Mackey had a goal and two assists in a pair of Green Bay wins that kept the Gamblers in the playoff hunt, while Kivlenieks backstopped the Musketeers to a pair of victories over the weekend, pitching a 15-save shutout in the process and finishing the weekend with a .959 SV%. CCM Hockey is the official equipment provider of the USHL.

Mr Ricochet

Love what the Steel are doing here. Don't think I've seen this done before, a workshop type thing to introduce and answer questions for young people on how to enter the sports business.

Chicago SteelVerified account @ChicagoSteel 4h4 hours ago

#WeAreSteel Breaking Into Sports pre-game panel this Friday for young professionals: http://facebook.com/chicagosteel/posts/1594824943875997:0 #WhosNext #USAvsCHI

C6V-D3KXQAI_4dF.jpg
0 replies 2 retweets 4 likes

Mr Ricochet

Episode 24 of the U Show (USHL): http://www.ushl.com/radio

Talkin USHL playoffs and Wil Nichol joins the show. Was USHL Coach of The Year in 2004 and now is the Las Vegas Knights Director of Player Development.

Mr Ricochet

The U Show says Casey Mittlestadt will be back for the final 8 games for the Gamblers.

Mr Ricochet

Thunder Site Another 3 in 3 for the Thunder

Bucs Site/Erick Zamora Top team in the league comes to Des Moines this week

The Sioux City Musketeers are on a current USHL best eight-game winning streak and haven’t lost since hosting the top team in the Eastern Conference the Chicago Steel on February 10th. We asked Des Moines Buccaneer Head Coach Dave Allison if he feels that Sioux City is playing better now than when the Buccaneers saw them earlier in the season. “No, I think they’ve had a consistent year, they’ve only got nine (regulation) losses. They’re strong in the pipes and then they’ve got depth,” compliments Allison. “They’ve got high end guys and they’ve loaded up for the stretch run. It’s gonna be a real solid game between two good teams.”

Hawks Site Hawks weekly preview

DM47

The U Show says Casey Mittlestadt will be back for the final 8 games for the Gamblers.

I am sure they would like to have them when they go head to head against Youngstown this weekend. It will be important that they get at least a split on the weekend. If that happens I think they have a chance to sweep their remaining games and be in the hunt for the playoffs.

Mr Ricochet

I am sure they would like to have them when they go head to head against Youngstown this weekend. It will be important that they get at least a split on the weekend. If that happens I think they have a chance to sweep their remaining games and be in the hunt for the playoffs.

Indeed. A shame IMO.................. Some big games this weekend:

GB @ YT for two games.

18's @ LIN twice...... I'll watch both those for sure. Those 18's are flyin right now, looked great beating Loo twice last week.

MUS @ CHI. Bit of an advantage for the Steel as the Jacks will be playing their 3rd in 3 that night.

SC @ DM

SC @ LOO should be a beauty!! Those SC skill guys should appreciate that ocean at Young Arena.

LOO @ DBQ

Great weekend for the fan............