USHL GDT 3/3 (Friday Recap)

47 replies to this topic

#41 blackhawk64

Checking Forward

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 12:07 PM

According to the line chart from last night, 4call ups to the big club last night:  Farabee, Wahlstrom, Wise, Samuelsson

. So team USA had to call up reinforcements to beat what some people on this form call Americas team?? That's funny

The U18s do this every year getting ready for the IIFF U18 Championships.  This isnt new whether you want to believe they did it to beat "Americas team" or not
Yeah I know that the 18 bring up 17s all season I've been around this form for probably 10 years.Just do a lot of not looking not much of a poster anymore. It was sarcasm

#42 TheShow

Cup Winning Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 12:37 PM

According to the line chart from last night, 4call ups to the big club last night:  Farabee, Wahlstrom, Wise, Samuelsson

. So team USA had to call up reinforcements to beat what some people on this form call Americas team?? That's funny

They are only "America's Team" to me because of Mr. Professionalism Scott Brand. 

#43 DMBucshighlights

Cup Winning Goalie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts
  • Interests:hockey!

Posted 04 March 2017 - 04:59 PM

I make highlights for the Des Moines Buccaneers. Check me out: http://www.youtube.c...ts?feature=mhee

Twitter: https://twitter.com/DMBucshighlight

Facebook: DMBucshighlights

#44 The Original Zman

Checking Forward

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 11:46 AM

For some reason I can't respond to a specific post, but Casemangum, this is in regards to Durflinger. Good player and good motor. Sandpaper. Teams that have him love him. All other teams and their fans hate him. I personally have not seen him stand up for his actions. It didn't occur last season in the playoffs or this season either. I think Gerads would have dropped the gloves with him Friday if he wasn't sitting on the magic fight number. The team can't have him out for a suspension now. And that is assuming Durflinger would do so as well. I suspect he wouldn't.

The officiating in on Thursday was good. The ref didn't allow much of the BS and their was a constant line to the penalty box. Friday was a totally different story. The ref forgot to bring his whistle with him for all but the second period and then with a little over 2 to go in overtime on a very suspect call. It was chippy as I suggested it would get. Especially with Durflinger back in the lineup. And a couple of Thunder players with full cages and/or bubbles seemed to be pretty tough. Easy to be with face protection. (See Team USA).

But the play that really showed how the game got was when Durflinger tried to make a move around Gerads. Gerads stepped up and forced a turnover. Durflinger proceeded to wrap his arm around Gerads' neck. Gerads had enough of him the whole game and suplexed Durflinger to the ice. Only penalty the ref called was a 2 minute minor for an equipment violation on Gerads for playing without a helmet. That isn't even a penalty that I know of. And he didn't play without a helmet. The play was stopped right after this happened and he had no time to skate to the bench. He was being confronted. There is a video on Bardown.com. Titled Hockey player turns heel, suplexes opponent in the middle of a game. If I could figure out how to post the link I would.

#45 Mr Ricochet

Cup Winning Goalie

• Admin
  • 36,242 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 12:09 PM

For some reason I can't respond to a specific post, but Casemangum, this is in regards to Durflinger. Good player and good motor. Sandpaper. Teams that have him love him. All other teams and their fans hate him. I personally have not seen him stand up for his actions. It didn't occur last season in the playoffs or this season either. I think Gerads would have dropped the gloves with him Friday if he wasn't sitting on the magic fight number. The team can't have him out for a suspension now. And that is assuming Durflinger would do so as well. I suspect he wouldn't.

The officiating in on Thursday was good. The ref didn't allow much of the BS and their was a constant line to the penalty box. Friday was a totally different story. The ref forgot to bring his whistle with him for all but the second period and then with a little over 2 to go in overtime on a very suspect call. It was chippy as I suggested it would get. Especially with Durflinger back in the lineup. And a couple of Thunder players with full cages and/or bubbles seemed to be pretty tough. Easy to be with face protection. (See Team USA).

But the play that really showed how the game got was when Durflinger tried to make a move around Gerads. Gerads stepped up and forced a turnover. Durflinger proceeded to wrap his arm around Gerads' neck. Gerads had enough of him the whole game and suplexed Durflinger to the ice. Only penalty the ref called was a 2 minute minor for an equipment violation on Gerads for playing without a helmet. That isn't even a penalty that I know of. And he didn't play without a helmet. The play was stopped right after this happened and he had no time to skate to the bench. He was being confronted. There is a video on Bardown.com. Titled Hockey player turns heel, suplexes opponent in the middle of a game. If I could figure out how to post the link I would.

Don't see this too often that for sure:  http://www.bardown.c...a-game-1.688659

Crush Em Steel
Blackhawks Rock
RIP Huckleberry. 1995-2009.... Thanks for 14 unforgettable years Huck. You will forever be loved and missed.

#46 iowaninja

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 01:54 PM

Edited by iowaninja, 06 March 2017 - 01:54 PM.

#47 Mr Ricochet

Cup Winning Goalie

• Admin
  • 36,242 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 04:26 PM

Threw a curveball here, HighLightMan.   You took a road trip to Omaha, and they let you film!!..............I always bring up the boxscore of the game you post video of so I can get info of guys who catch my eye but couldn't find OM @ DM and realized the game was at Omaha about two minutes in.......

How'd you like Ralston Arena?  .. Steel PBP man Sanderson said last night Ralston is as nice arena has he's worked in and he was doing AHL before he came to the Steel. 

As usual, nice work BucMan. 

Crush Em Steel
Blackhawks Rock
RIP Huckleberry. 1995-2009.... Thanks for 14 unforgettable years Huck. You will forever be loved and missed.

#48 DMBucshighlights

Cup Winning Goalie

• Members
  • 1,529 posts
  • Interests:hockey!

Posted 06 March 2017 - 05:23 PM

Threw a curveball here, HighLightMan.   You took a road trip to Omaha, and they let you film!!..............I always bring up the boxscore of the game you post video of so I can get info of guys who catch my eye but couldn't find OM @ DM and realized the game was at Omaha about two minutes in.......

How'd you like Ralston Arena?  .. Steel PBP man Sanderson said last night Ralston is as nice arena has he's worked in and he was doing AHL before he came to the Steel. 

As usual, nice work BucMan. 

Haha, actually I've been filming in Omaha for years. Go to my YouTube channel and go back through the archives and you can find plenty of games in Omaha.

Kind of a long story as to how that got started. Back when Scott Montesano was the Bucs broadcaster he told me if I ever made a road trip to let him know and he'd work to get permission for me to film. Most of my road trips are to Omaha so Rob Lippolis was the broadcaster at that time and he got used to me being around. Even after Montesano left the Bucs, Rob knew me enough to continue to get me a media pass. This year I introduced myself to Omaha's new broadcaster, Isaac Berky and he's been great with continuing to get me a media pass. 

Along the way I've had to learn some rules about being an official media person, such as not cheering in the press box, not wearing my jersey, etc. Rob always told me he would allow me to roam the arena and film from anywhere, so long as I wasn't blocking anyone's view. That way I would have been able to cheer and wear my jersey but the media row gives me the best angle for the whole game so I declined. I don't know if Isaac would give me that same luxury but I don't intend on using it right now so I guess it doesn't matter much.

Ralston is a really nice arena. My only complaint is that concessions prices are kinda high. I've even become friends with a few of the regulars in section 105, which is just across the aisle from where I sit.

Omaha is the only place so far that treats me as an "official" media person. I've also filmed at Lincoln, Cedar Rapids, Chicago (back when they were at the Edge), and Muskegon. Muskegon kinda threw a fit about me filming but I eventually worked it out with the owner at that time (can't remember his name now). All the others just let me film from my seat and didn't seem to care much. The only place I have been told a direct "NO" was in Sioux City. That was a few years ago and I was too naive to ask why but I just accepted it and moved on.

I'll be making another trip to Omaha on Saturday so keep a look out for that video.

I make highlights for the Des Moines Buccaneers. Check me out: http://www.youtube.c...ts?feature=mhee

Twitter: https://twitter.com/DMBucshighlight

Facebook: DMBucshighlights

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users