USHL GDT 3/3 (Friday Recap)

47 replies to this topic

#21 Mr Ricochet

Cup Winning Goalie

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,546 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 08:31 PM

30 seconds later Conger soft attempt at wide open net blocked by Dman stick.......... 18's a bounce away, 3-2. 

Crush Em Steel
Blackhawks Rock
RIP Huckleberry. 1995-2009.... Thanks for 14 unforgettable years Huck. You will forever be loved and missed.

#22 Mr Ricochet

Cup Winning Goalie

• Admin
  • 35,546 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 08:35 PM

Simply a bad call as Barret checks Sorensen nicely and he's called for it............Loo on a gift PP. 

Crush Em Steel
Blackhawks Rock
RIP Huckleberry. 1995-2009.... Thanks for 14 unforgettable years Huck. You will forever be loved and missed.

#23 Mr Ricochet

Cup Winning Goalie

• Admin
  • 35,546 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 08:41 PM

18's with a solid kill, as many chances as Loo..............Barret draws a penalty.  18 PP.

Crush Em Steel
Blackhawks Rock

#24 Mr Ricochet

Cup Winning Goalie

• Admin
  • 35,546 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 08:46 PM

18's on PP.  Tkachuk wins the draw, Farrance walks the blueline to center of ice, half slap low, Tkachuk tips it up from the low slot, 3-3 at 14:21. ............. 2 goal comeback after having taken 7 minutes of penalties in the period for the 18's....... Loo having trouble with USA's speed.  

Crush Em Steel
Blackhawks Rock

#25 gbpuckfan

Cup Winning Goalie

• Members
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 08:56 PM

My first GB game of the season. 5-1 GB almost midway through 3rd. U17 just not good. Cannot clear the puck defensively at all. SOG 34-11 and that may be generous to USA
Green Bay Gamblers
Anderson Cup Champions: 1996, 1997, 2009, 2010, 2012
Clark Cup Champions: 1996, 2000, 2010, 2012

#26 BackCheck

2nd Line Center

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 09:07 PM

The Phantoms came up big with a 5-on-3 PK in the 1st and a few kills in the 2nd. Bizgala was unable to cover a puck out of the crease late in the 2nd to make it 1-0 and less than 30 seconds later Alex Esposito makes it 2-0 despite being outshot 21-12 after 2.

Nice!!!    I see YT outshot but is MUS getting solid chances?...........Any thoughts on Albrecht so far?...........Any thoughts on my guy Van Whye on the 1st line with the Russian and Alger? 

I noticed Van Whye parked in front of the net a lot. Albrecht was pretty active but didn't really accomplish much, but since it shutout I guess you can expect that. Muskegon had a few chances but Kulbakov was at the top of his game tonight. The Phantoms PK really won the night. The last PP for the Jacks, midway through the 3rd, they never got possession in the attack zone, the PK really stifling things in the neutral zone.

Sam Solensky got some ice time. I don't know why he hasn't played more. He's a very good skater, decent vision and not lacking on defense. Britt League is back on the bench to backup Kulbakov, which is a good sign. Kulby played great but that was his 20th straight game played, every game since his suspension in late December, only getting about 13:00 of relief from League back in early January. 

#27 Mr Ricochet

Cup Winning Goalie

• Admin
  • 35,546 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 09:08 PM

Farrance carries it in, dumps, failed rim clear by Palmer, puck ends up to Mismash at left side of net, beauty feed high slot, Barrat unmarked high and wide right side, Farabee deftly grabs rebound off the boards right side of the net, Thome down on his belly, Farabee deftly roofs it with 9 seconds left.

Loo points streak ends at 15 and first regulation loss since Jan 14. 

game 2 of back to back tomorrow.

This U-18 is a different one from November.  Saw them overwhelm Chicago with their speed a month ago and they did the same to Loo in the 3rd period. 

Crush Em Steel
Blackhawks Rock

#28 Saints Fan 22

Points Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 10:36 PM

I didn't want to say anything cause I'm afraid I'll sound like one of the Facebook fans I despise, but my God who was that clown wearing the stripes in Dubuque tonight? Just awful. Saints didn't play worth a damn, but jeez

#29 Mr Ricochet

Cup Winning Goalie

• Admin
  • 35,546 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 08:07 AM

My guy!!!!!   :smokingjoe:   Atta boy, Walker Duehr..........

1st OT

4:47 BLM Walker Duehr (13) ASST: Wyatt Kalynuk (24), Christiano Versich (25) (PP)
Crush Em Steel
Blackhawks Rock

#30 Mr Ricochet

Cup Winning Goalie

• Admin
  • 35,546 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 08:18 AM

I didn't want to say anything cause I'm afraid I'll sound like one of the Facebook fans I despise, but my God who was that clown wearing the stripes in Dubuque tonight? Just awful. Saints didn't play worth a damn, but jeez

21-17 SOG..... Didn't watch any of it, was it another uneven effort by the Saints?  If so can't fault the refs for getting off 21 shots in 64+ minutes vs a team that came in 1-8-0-1 their last 10. 

Tough club to figure right now, the Saints.   4-2-4-0 last 10 with a 5 game losing streak and 3 game win streak in that stretch against a schedule that should see them do ok.

Bloomy x2

CR x2

DM x2

MAD x2

OMA

LIN

With 7 of those games at home..........

Crush Em Steel
Blackhawks Rock

#31 Mr Ricochet

Cup Winning Goalie

• Admin
  • 35,546 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 08:22 AM

My first GB game of the season. 5-1 GB almost midway through 3rd. U17 just not good. Cannot clear the puck defensively at all. SOG 34-11 and that may be generous to USA

I may not have heard this correctly but listening to the U-18's vs WTL thought I heard them say 5 of the 17's were called up to the 18's in the last little while....... If so that's depleting the 17's. 

Crush Em Steel
Blackhawks Rock

#32 herbst20

Cup Winning Goalie

• Admin
  • 3,531 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 08:52 AM

According to the line chart from last night, 4call ups to the big club last night:  Farabee, Wahlstrom, Wise, Samuelsson

#33 Mr Ricochet

Cup Winning Goalie

• Admin
  • 35,546 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 09:18 AM

Scoreboard

Waterloo 3 @ Team USA (U-18) 4

Muskegon 0 @ Youngstown 3

Madison 3 @ Cedar Rapids 1

Team USA (U-17) 1 @ Green Bay 5

Des Moines 4 @ Omaha 3

Fargo 4 @ Tri City 2

Bloomington 2 @ Dubuque 1 (OT)

Sioux Falls 1 @ Lincoln 3

NTDP Site   U-18's erase 3 goal hole, Farabee wins it with 9 seconds left

Caps Site   Jerry scores twice as Caps win 3-1 at Cedar Rapids

Bucs Site/Erick Zamora   Bucs lose 3 goal lead but extend win streak to 7 with win at Omaha

Lancers Site/Isaac Berky   Gallant tear continues, 9 goals in 5 games, but Lancers fall to Des Moines

Storm Site/David Fine  Fargo quick starts dooms Storm

Thunder Site   Walker Duehr gets OT winner at Dubuque

After Quinn Preston took a penalty with just 2:24 left in overtime, the Thunder (19-23-5, 43 pts) immediately made the Fighting Saints (29-12-7, 65 pts) pay. Off the ensuing faceoff, Versich got a feed from defenseman Wyatt Kalynuk (University of Wisconsin), skated the puck to the high slot and fed Duehr in the left circle. In his second game in a Thunder uniform, Duehr unleashed a one-time blast from the circle that beat Dubuque goaltender Jaxon Castor to give the Thunder their fourth overtime win of the season.

Saints Site/Jordan Kuhns   Saints tripped up in OT by Bloomington

Duehr took a pass from Christiano Versich on a set faceoff play at the 4:47 mark of the overtime session and lifted a shot past Jaxon Castor to seal the win for Bloomington. It came after both teams traded chances in the extra session, and just seconds after a Quinn Preston minor penalty in overtime.

Castor kept the Saints tied at one late in the third period with several big saves, including ten-bell stops on Vladislav Dzhioshvili and Versich. He made 15 saves in the losing effort for Dubuque. It snapped a personal three-game winning streak.

Crush Em Steel
Blackhawks Rock

#34 Mr Ricochet

Cup Winning Goalie

• Admin
  • 35,546 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 09:33 AM

Stampede Site/Jim Olander   Herd score first but can't hold off Lincoln

The loss was the 11th consecutive for the Herd (0-9-2) and dropped them to 16-25-6 on the season.

The Stars came out firing on the Stampede in the first period, registering 16 shots, but Mikhail Berdin was on top of his game and stopped all 16 shots and keeping the Stars off the board

Lincoln outshot the Herd 13-9 in the third period and 41-27 on the night.

LJS/Tim Gray   Stars fire 41 shots in 3-1 win over Sioux Falls

“We played a little bit nervy in the first period,” Hull said. “Although we had 16 shots on net, our offense was a little sporadic.

“I think we settled our nerves as the game wore along. I thought we wore on (Sioux Falls) and wore on them as a team. Our forecheck was relentless and had good physicality.”

LSJ   Jacks offense goes cold in 3-0 loss at Youngstown

HockeyPhan.com/Justin Irwin   Khulbakov shuts out Muskegon, Phantoms jump ahead of Jacks into 3rd place

Crush Em Steel
Blackhawks Rock

#35 Mr Ricochet

Cup Winning Goalie

• Admin
  • 35,546 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 09:45 AM

According to the line chart from last night, 4call ups to the big club last night:  Farabee, Wahlstrom, Wise, Samuelsson

Thanks, herby.    Farabee, Wahlstrom and Wise were very good ........... That is a damn fun team to watch and a very entertaining broadcast duo call the game.  Informed, objective and funny.  .....   I feel safe saying there isn't a faster team in this league, maybe DM is as fast. 

Should be a beauty tonight in the second of the back to back.   Loo couldn't keep up in the 3rd.  The U-18 speed if they are keeping their structure is a handful.   Interesting to watch how PK tweaks to counter that speed tonight.  They forechecked em well trying to slow the trigger.  Maybe a 3rd man high more often, heavier forecheck, 4 in the neutral zone and counter?  I have noticed over the years PK will run a few different forecheck schemes in 1 game to confuse.........

Crush Em Steel
Blackhawks Rock

#36 Saints Fan 22

Points Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 09:46 AM

21-17 SOG..... Didn't watch any of it, was it another uneven effort by the Saints?  If so can't fault the refs for getting off 21 shots in 64+ minutes vs a team that came in 1-8-0-1 their last 10. 

Tough club to figure right now, the Saints.   4-2-4-0 last 10 with a 5 game losing streak and 3 game win streak in that stretch against a schedule that should see them do ok.

Bloomy x2
CR x2
DM x2
MAD x2
OMA
LIN

With 7 of those games at home..........

I don't think the Saints played poorly, at least compared to what they were doing 2-3 weeks ago. They weren't great, but good enough to win...but Bloomington played a much different game than the night before. Durflinger was back, safe to say he is nothing but a pest, and he did his typical BS that I know frustrated the Saints.

Saints had good energy, which is really what was missing...but just couldn't get any sustained pressure in the offensive zone. I will say this, it was as an exciting of a game with less than 40SOG as I've seen.

#37 casemagnum

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 11:26 AM

Durflinger really is a good guy and good player. He just being small does a good job at getting under other player's skin and getting in their heads. He won't back down either. Loved him when he played in SC. Just did something stupid with others and coach moved them. I would take him on any of my teams. Yes he will cost you penalties, but he really causes havoc with other teams.

#38 blackhawk64

Checking Forward

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 11:46 AM

. So team USA had to call up reinforcements to beat what some people on this form call Americas team?? That's funny

#39 herbst20

Cup Winning Goalie

• Admin
  • 3,531 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 11:48 AM

. So team USA had to call up reinforcements to beat what some people on this form call Americas team?? That's funny

The U18s do this every year getting ready for the IIFF U18 Championships.  This isnt new whether you want to believe they did it to beat "Americas team" or not

#40 Mr Ricochet

Cup Winning Goalie

• Admin
  • 35,546 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 12:05 PM

Loo is America's team?.  Ok.   ........... IF the U-18's called kids up just to beat PK my guess would be PK is just fine with that.   Don't want your group to get fat and happy with their 15 game point streak. 

Great game, great test, great chance for PK to teach and correct...... The games that count begin in April, PK knows that. 

Crush Em Steel
Blackhawks Rock

Reply to this topic

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users