Racine, WI

50 replies to this topic

#21 Mr Ricochet

Cup Winning Goalie

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,688 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 03:15 PM

It is interesting that Minnesota wild ownership is mentioned. There have been rumors from day one, when they positioned their AHL team to DM, that there was a big interest in the bucs franchise.

One has to kind of wonder if they are the ones behind the Racine deal, what is going on. Is the bucs not for sale, or just to much money, and they are maybe taking a shot at the bucs that they mean business? Sort of if they do not want to deal, we will go else where. Maybe leveraging the bucs that they have plan B, and others are willing to play.

Maybe Bucs is for sale, but they do not want to deal with an arena of that age, and seeing if there are any offers to move the team.

It is just interesting that the wild have been mentioned.

Last I knew a couple Wild owners were a part of Dubuque ownership.   And where are the Wild ownership mentioned anywhere, did I miss something? 

Crush Em Steel
Blackhawks Rock
RIP Huckleberry. 1995-2009.... Thanks for 14 unforgettable years Huck. You will forever be loved and missed.

#22 jimindm

1st Line Center

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 05:39 PM

Post #15 of this thread.Does not say they are, but it sounds like they were leading the way. 

"I wonder who the actual owner will be. I know Craig Leopold from the Minnesota Wild has been the face of the movement so far to get a team there, but don't know if he will actually be the owner."

Edited by jimindm, 02 March 2017 - 05:40 PM.

#23 Mr Ricochet

Cup Winning Goalie

• Admin
  • 35,688 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 05:37 AM

Post #15 of this thread.Does not say they are, but it sounds like they were leading the way. 

"I wonder who the actual owner will be. I know Craig Leopold from the Minnesota Wild has been the face of the movement so far to get a team there, but don't know if he will actually be the owner."

Oh, gotchya Jim.   Thought you were referring to something that was published somewhere along the line.  

Crush Em Steel
Blackhawks Rock
RIP Huckleberry. 1995-2009.... Thanks for 14 unforgettable years Huck. You will forever be loved and missed.

#24 desmoinesduster

Checking Forward

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 09:04 AM

Found an interesting article about the new Racine Arena.

https://www.racineco...se-one-funding/

#25 SCBlueLiner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 11:43 AM

Been reading this forum for a while and finally signed up so I could join in on the conversation. 

Something I haven't read discussed in this thread and others is where are all these USHL franchises supposed to come from?  Here we are talking about Racine, WI.  Other cities being talked about when arena or expansion discussions come around are Kansas City, who I believe has been awarded a franchise, Rochester, MN & Coralville, IA.  So is the USHL going to expand by four teams?  Doubtful.  So which cities are at risk of losing their USHL franchises?

#26 TheShow

Cup Winning Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 12:24 PM

Been reading this forum for a while and finally signed up so I could join in on the conversation. 

Something I haven't read discussed in this thread and others is where are all these USHL franchises supposed to come from?  Here we are talking about Racine, WI.  Other cities being talked about when arena or expansion discussions come around are Kansas City, who I believe has been awarded a franchise, Rochester, MN & Coralville, IA.  So is the USHL going to expand by four teams?  Doubtful.  So which cities are at risk of losing their USHL franchises?

There's certainly a couple... one being all but confirmed at this point...

#27 Maiden

3nd Line Center

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 12:44 PM

After seeing the poor attendance figures for Madison Chicago and Bloomington I'm very skeptical of a Racine franchise being successful at the gate honestly.

#28 SCBlueLiner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 01:30 PM

I'm guessing you are talking about Bloomington.  That leaves 3 more teams.  2 expansion and 1 relo?  Wouldn't think expansion is a good idea as that will dilute and distribute the talent.

#29 iowaninja

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 04:57 PM

I can't see Coralville and Cedar Rapids co-existing 

#30 herbst20

Cup Winning Goalie

• Admin
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 05:24 PM

I can't see Coralville and Cedar Rapids co-existing 

I concur.

#31 Mr Ricochet

Cup Winning Goalie

• Admin
  • 35,688 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 06:16 PM

I'm guessing you are talking about Bloomington.  That leaves 3 more teams.  2 expansion and 1 relo?  Wouldn't think expansion is a good idea as that will dilute and distribute the talent.

Welcome, SC Fan.   Great to have you posting...........

One thing I've always liked about the league is they don't really add teams just to expand.  It seems thought out and measured.   Leagues that add and subtract a few times every five years look rudderless. 

A look at attendance figures should get you into the ballpark of who's in trouble, at least on paper.  Of course Bloomy is a candidate. 

I'm an on ice guy, don't care much about seeing the sausage being made but I know there a couple franchises, well at least Indy, dormant but do know leagues like much better collectiong a franchise fee from the new guy than selling him an existing onw where the proceeds go to that owner, not the league to be divied up. 

But I will say this if Racine wants in, has good ownership and a new arena they'll find a way to get em in.  Same as they did with Bloomy and Madison. 

Crush Em Steel
Blackhawks Rock

#32 eaglesfan

3nd Line Center

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 06:35 PM

Bloomy wont relocate they are going DARK

#33 Mr Ricochet

Cup Winning Goalie

• Admin
  • 35,688 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 06:35 PM

I mean since I started following 10 yrs ago, IIRC, only the Ohio Blue Jackets and Indy Ice have gone dormant.   So where the franchises for DBQ, MAD, BLM came from I don't know if they were new franchises or a dormant ones. 

Anyone else know?  

Crush Em Steel
Blackhawks Rock

#34 eaglesfan

3nd Line Center

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 06:37 PM

Hrby will coraville really hop in

#35 eaglesfan

3nd Line Center

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 06:41 PM

Honestly Rico,  am not sure sure that Bloomy came from a team that went Dark but would not think so

#36 BackCheck

2nd Line Center

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 06:51 PM

I mean since I started following 10 yrs ago, IIRC, only the Ohio Blue Jackets and Indy Ice have gone dormant.   So where the franchises for DBQ, MAD, BLM came from I don't know if they were new franchises or a dormant ones. 

Anyone else know?  

I'm 99% sure Bloomington and Madison were new franchises.

#37 DMBucshighlights

Cup Winning Coach

• Members
  • 1,481 posts
  • Interests:hockey!

Posted 08 March 2017 - 07:02 PM

Anyone else know?  

Ohio was Thunder Bay coming out of dormancy. Now Ohio isn't dormant they just aren't a team anymore. Indy still has dormancy. All those teams you mention were new franchises. Fargo received some of Ohio's players when they went dark though.

I make highlights for the Des Moines Buccaneers. Check me out: http://www.youtube.c...ts?feature=mhee

Twitter: https://twitter.com/DMBucshighlight

Facebook: DMBucshighlights

#38 Ryan

Cup Winning Goalie

• Global Mod
  • 4,336 posts
  • Interests:Musketeers, Avalanche, and USHL hockey.

Posted 08 March 2017 - 07:21 PM

Anyone else know?  

Ohio was Thunder Bay coming out of dormancy. Now Ohio isn't dormant they just aren't a team anymore. Indy still has dormancy. All those teams you mention were new franchises. Fargo received some of Ohio's players when they went dark though.

If I remember right, that franchise just relocated to Fargo, so that would make them the old Thunder Bay franchise.

#39 DMBucshighlights

Cup Winning Coach

• Members
  • 1,481 posts
  • Interests:hockey!

Posted 08 March 2017 - 07:36 PM

Anyone else know?

If I remember right, that franchise just relocated to Fargo, so that would make them the old Thunder Bay franchise.

Ya sort of. But I read that ohio's affiliates just became free agents.

I make highlights for the Des Moines Buccaneers. Check me out: http://www.youtube.c...ts?feature=mhee

Twitter: https://twitter.com/DMBucshighlight

Facebook: DMBucshighlights

#40 Mr Ricochet

Cup Winning Goalie

• Admin
  • 35,688 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 08:04 PM

Anyone else know?

Ya sort of. But I read that ohio's affiliates just became free agents.

I do remember now that you mention it.   Somehow Fargo got a few of the Jackets players, correct, or as Ryan mentions did they get all of them? 

Crush Em Steel
Blackhawks Rock

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users