BackCheck

Possible USHL expansion in Kansas City

Chipper Fan

I know the league has gone into the Twin Cities at other points, but it would help me rest easier if Minneapolis-St. Paul got a new team. A nice local rival (aside from the Stampede) would be good for Fargo. 

TheShow
16 minutes ago, Chipper Fan said:

I know the league has gone into the Twin Cities at other points, but it would help me rest easier if Minneapolis-St. Paul got a new team. A nice local rival (aside from the Stampede) would be good for Fargo. 

The Rochester rumors are much more appropriate imo.

TheShow
1 hour ago, Mr Ricochet said:

Agree.  Guess our worry as fans of the league is Bloomington.  Watched a bit of their home opener with YT and thought it would really be a shame to lose a franchise in Bloomington.  The arena is first rate, great HD feed with overhead cameras at center ice and above both nets and it's in the league's footprint.  Ownership puts a solid product on the ice and the last 2 coaches in Williams and Watt are very good........

Let's not leave Madison out of this.

Chipper Fan

Not to detract from the OP but I was completely unaware of the possible team in Rochester. Thanks @TheShow for pointing it out. I only hope it's a new team and not a relocation. 

Mr Ricochet
8 hours ago, TheShow said:

Let's not leave Madison out of this.

Sure Madison is a concern but IMO they are not the loss would Bloomy be.  Bloomy has been more successful on the ice, have shown better ownership, play in a first class arena and have shown they can average 3,000+, although that was a while ago.     ... Madison is certainly in the footprint but have regressed now playing in an out dated rec arena who's owner has made his brother coach/GM.

TheShow
2 hours ago, Mr Ricochet said:

Sure Madison is a concern but IMO they are not the loss would Bloomy be.  Bloomy has been more successful on the ice, have shown better ownership, play in a first class arena and have shown they can average 3,000+, although that was a while ago.     ... Madison is certainly in the footprint but have regressed now playing in an out dated rec arena who's owner has made his brother coach/GM.

I was just saying that the ushl has swung and missed with most of their growth. Madison and Bloomington are both just absolute disasters. Musky was teetering on it for a while. Dubuque is a little stable, but that's about it.

iowaninja

The failures are mostly in places where they try to go in and replace the pro hockey team right away, keeping the same name in alot of those cases too.  

Maiden

Bloomington may end up full time in Peoria as ownership is the same for both clubs.

The rink excuse for not starting the season in Bloomington was actually a trial run to see how the USHL would fare in Peoria.

Needless to say it wasn't a big hit.